Laundry Room on the Pearl

ParkAvePrincess

I'm just back from the 9 night on the Pearl. I did laundry 3 times onboard. I was on the 10th floor, and the laundry room was across from room # 10082. According to the little sign in the room, there are also laundry facilities on the 9th and 4th floors. Where on these floors? I don't know, because I used the laundry on the 10th floor. You would never know it was a laundry from the hallway. It looks like an ordinary crew door., except that it has a little plaque in the left hand corner of the door that says, "launderette". There was Tide for sale for $1.00 in quarters. I brought my own from home. The washers and dryers were free. They are Miele stackables. Three washers on the bottom and three dryers on top. They really need to place directions in the laundry for the people that don't know how to use them, and since I was there three times, I saw plenty of people that didn't know what they were doing! The laundry was open 24 hours and there is also a big sink for handwashing and two ironing bords with steam irons. Put the detergent you use in the drawer in the left side. The type of program you put the cycle on determines the amount of time to complete and it will tell you how long. Most of the wash cycles were around 45 minutes, except for the gentle cycle.

We did laundry once on our Pearl voyage. I think they are all located mid-ship, on the 9th level, they were across from 9088. Bring quarters from home, the change maker doesn't work. Tide was the only detergent available but I didn't see any fabric softener. Bring your own. Also, they had hand soap at the sink and it appeared some were using that for their detergent. When I went back for our laundry, it looked like Mr. Mom was doing his laundry. :eek: That machine was filled to capacity with suds. Remember, those front loaders use a very small amount of detergent - maybe 1/4 of what you would normally use.

We had the luxury of a penthouse, so we stretched a bungee cord on the balcony and hung a few things on hangers to finish drying. No need to iron anything.

We had the luxury of a penthouse, so we stretched a bungee cord on the balcony and hung a few things on hangers to finish drying. No need to iron anything.

Can you please elaborate more about the penthouse? We are going on the 2/25 sailing, staying in an AB Penthouse (first time cruisers). Can the butler/concierge handle laundry/ironing for free (tips, of course). I was wondering if you can tell me about the TV's/DVD's (for our 3 y/o).

Thank you very much for your information.

-Ari

The butler would be happy to help you with laundry, etc. He is there to assist with any housekeeping type task, room service, etc. The conceirge will make dining reservations, help with any service related tasks. We had Amit for our butler and Ruth was our concierge. Both excellent! We were in a forward penthouse, AC, 9500. Wow! (first time for us, too)

Since you're in a penthouse, you'll be invited to breakfast and lunch in Cagney's at no additional charge. It is reserved for the penthouse/suites customers. :D

How is the breakfast/lunch at Cagneys? Would I still want to go there for dinner? I really appreciate your help on this!! BTW, we're in 11030, which is mid-ship, Starboard side. Is the 2nd bedroom really small?

TIA!

-Ari

There is a "Guest Launderette" (at least that's what the sign on the door said) on Deck 5 across from Cabin 5072 or 5074. Can't remember which one. Only a small sign on the upper left corner of the door.

If you need quarters, the reception desk will make change for you.

I agree about needing instructions posted. I don't read German but we finally figured it out.

Vicki

Wanted to say, "Hello," to you and Judy, Metoo. Wasn't it a wonderful cruise!

Okay - My laundry experience on the 10th floor:

When one pulls out the trays, one can see that people are using tons of powered Tide - so much, in fact, that lots of powered detergent collects in the detergent compartment. I brought my own liquid Woolite. Wish I had brought dryer sheets.

Okay - On Tuesday, I sat there watching my clothes in the middle washer sloshing in oceans of suds. (Felt as though I was in a Jerry Lewis movie!) I ran my clothes through the machine two times - STILL too much detergent. The third time, I moved the clothes to the washer on the far left because it was finally empty. Ran the clothes through one more time and got them rinsed. In the meantime, I ran the "sudsy" washer without clothes to try to get more detergent rinsed out for the next person.

The washer to the far right had a different problem. I put it on the cold water/delicate setting. The clothes came out boiling hot with steam rising! Yikes!

Another lady and I contacted the crew, who promptly showed up to fix the problems. Hope they were successful.

For me, the dryers worked okay. Be prepared to keep removing items as they dry. These dryers seemed to take longer than mine at home.

My next comment has nothing to do with laundry: The cruise was fabulous!

There is a "Guest Launderette" (at least that's what the sign on the door said) on Deck 5 across from Cabin 5072 or 5074. Can't remember which one. Only a small sign on the upper left corner of the door.

If you need quarters, the reception desk will make change for you.

I agree about needing instructions posted. I don't read German but we finally figured it out.

Vicki

Hey Vicki,

You should have asked me! Ich spreche Deutsch (just can't spell it!):D

Gus

Sylvia - Hi to you, too! Great cruise, especially the St. Lucia tour.

Gus, If we'd known you could read German, we would have asked for your help. You've been holding out on us! Didn't take us long to figure it out.

Vicki

Sylvia - Hi to you, too! Great cruise, especially the St. Lucia tour.

Gus, If we'd known you could read German, we would have asked for your help. You've been holding out on us! Didn't take us long to figure it out.

Vicki

With a last name of Funderburg - I'd be letting my ancestors down if I couldn't make a passable stab at it!:p

Archived