Horseback riding in Progreso??

MrsAggie

Has anyone gone horseback riding in Progreso? And if you have, where?

My daughter and friend are really wanting to go! I keep reminding them it's probably going to be 90 degrees but they don't realize how hot that feels down there. So... If there happy I'll be happy!

Thanks,

Christy;)

MrsAggie. Yep, it can be hot. Surprisingly, it's never felt real hot in Merida when I've been there. I guess it's all the trees and greenery. Wear loose fitting clothing and a hat of some kind. It really helps.

Has anyone gone horseback riding in Progreso? And if you have, where?

My daughter and friend are really wanting to go! I keep reminding them it's probably going to be 90 degrees but they don't realize how hot that feels down there. So... If there happy I'll be happy!

Thanks,

Christy;)

I believe there's a ranch out toward Chelum (approx. 15 mins. drive). Try asking at the Hotel Embajadores. It's owned by a Mexican lady and her American husband. His name is David (not Dave) and, for the life of me, I can't remember her name at the moment. They have a wealth on info on the area and are friendly honest people. If you wait until you're in town walk east on the Malecon (boardwalk) past the park at the end, go one more street to Calle (street) 64 take a right and you should be looking at it. Or you could e-mail them in advance via their web site: http://www.progresohotel.com

For the record, no I do not work for them and no I will not profit if you contact them. In fact my best guess is any advice they give you will be completely free and very accurate.

Have a great trip.

Pac

I believe there's a ranch out toward Chelum (approx. 15 mins. drive). Try asking at the Hotel Embajadores. It's owned by a Mexican lady and her American husband. His name is David (not Dave) and, for the life of me, I can't remember her name at the moment. They have a wealth on info on the area and are friendly honest people. If you wait until you're in town walk east on the Malecon (boardwalk) past the park at the end, go one more street to Calle (street) 64 take a right and you should be looking at it. Or you could e-mail them in advance via their web site: www.progresohotel.com

For the record, no I do not work for them and no I will not profit if you contact them. In fact my best guess is any advice they give you will be completely free and very accurate.

Have a great trip.

Pac

Edit: A quick visit to their site and I found "ride a horse" listed on their "things to do" page. I'm almost certain they can help you find what you're looking for, they set up fishing for a friend of mine. I don't remember exactly what the cost was but I do remember thinking it was really cheap, like $15USD or so.

Archived