Statendam "Hot Chocolate" Alaska

Leslieswiger

Speaking with my Austrain friends, about the Statendam cruise they just got off of.:mad:

Not happy that the stewards when collecting the mugs from hot chocolate, (this is on deck) asked for $5.00us for the mugs.:eek: You got to keep the mug....:p

Thought the ship looked somewhat tired and many pieces of furniture could have used new upholstery.

Air was done through HAL and they had to have changes done four different times because of mix ups. Had them getting off in Montreal, Que. for the Alaska cruise.:eek:

The other day I said about lost cruises...At the Mariner party on board the ship, HAL had them down for seventeen cruises. Should have been twenty-seven.:confused: That has now been taken care of.

Sorry, but all the little things that happen during this trip which HAL had complete charge of, they will NOT be using HAL again.

IMO, They should definitely be writing to or phoning someone with some authority at HAL regarding all these deficiencies they encountered on their recent trip.

I'm quite sure that HAL would not want to lose such good Mariners after that many (27) cruises !

Have your friends indicated another cruise line they are going to transfer their business to for cruising, or will they prefer to travel in future using another mode altogether?

Dave

I understand that air was done through HAL, but was the whole transaction through HAL or did a TA do the actual booking? Seems like there should have been some documents involved that will show where the errors occurred. I agree that a letter to HAL is the appropriate next step.

Yes, they have sent a letter off to the president of HAL. They also did one onboard for the Hotel Manager.

HAL did the whole trip from what I understand.

They and others where upset in which the New tipping is being done. They also said it is not the HAL they new and got to love over the years.

IMHO no vacation is ever perfect and stuff happens, you just have to roll with it. If this is the only bad time they have had in 27 cruises, then I would say HAL is definately doing something right. Just my opinion though.

Archived