Part 3 of my review. (told ya it was very lonnngggg!)

Most of the public areas are open for inspection. We checked out a few. By the time we got to the ShipShape Fitness Center, we were told they were closing. It was about 4PM, and everything was closing to get ready for the 4:30PM Muster Drill. (It was listed in the CRUISE COMPASS left in our room.) We returned to our stateroom and found our suitcases had arrived. We retrieved our ‘Personal Flotation Device’s, then when the alarm sounded, went to our Muster Station. Most Muster Stations for us customers are located outside on Deck 4. Some are located inside one of the two bars on Deck 4. We weren’t so lucky, and had to stand outside, in line, for awhile. (Don’t think about missing this. I believe they search the ship. I, also, believe they won’t conclude the drill until everyone is at their station.) After a few multi-lingual announcements, we were allowed to return to the ship. Don’t hurry. Everyone is trying to go the same way and in through one of the same 4 doors and up/down the same elevators and stairs. I tried to get around. It wasn’t worth it.

Eventually, we got back to our room. I grabbed a camera. We discussed where to watch the ship leave the New York Harbor. Even though some posters had said to go to the highest outside point, we decided to go to the front of the ship. (To get there, go to Deck #4, go outside, then head towards the front. Go up the steps to Deck #5. From there, you can access the helipad and bow of the ship. There are benches bolted to the helipad, and lounge chairs on the deck next to it. So we watched as the ship glided out through the harbor and under the Verazano Narrows Bridge. Even from the windy bow, it was impressive as this big ship slid under the bridge and into the ocean.

Afterward, I was able to get my workout schedule from the ShipShape Fitness Center. After a quick look around, we went back to our cabin and unpacked. I put up the CruiseCritic Meet&Mingle Sign. (This was the only one I saw the entire trip until I saw “cruzeluvr”’s door.) In addition, as a surprise to “babchia” for our anniversary, I put up a copy of one of our wedding pictures with a note, “24 years”. In addition, I had pre-ordered from RCCL the room decorations for my Anniversary. I decided it should be there for the first day (I could choose the day). When we had originally gotten to the room, we found the decorations were there, but white and blue bell garland with a large CONGRATULATIONS sign hanging from the ceiling. I later questioned Guest Relations about this, but nobody said this was incorrect.

see part 4

Archived