Palm Beach/Eagle Beach by Bus

2552phxcrzr

We'll be taking bus #10 to either Palm or Eagle Beach. I downloaded the bus schedule from the link Arubalisa provided (thank you), but am not sure where we should ask to be let off. I could have sworn I saw that info in one of the threads, but can't seem to find that piece of information now.

Any assistance would be helpful. (We're leaning towards Palm because, as I understand it, there are no umbrella/chaise rentals at Eagle.)

I would get off at the Holiday Inn and go to MoomBa's or because I am sure there are vendors there on the beach, as close to the Radisson as possible.The Riu is next door to the Radisson and the biggest hotel, so hard to miss.

lisa...you've answered this question a million times and probably 1,000 times for me alone:o

we need chairs and shade.....traveling during christmas week with no other ships in port. MOOMBA, KONTIKI, or some other place

watersports_pricinga.jpg

tentc.jpg

watersports_vendora.jpg

From my post last September:

"We are a family of 10 visiting Aruba in December.

I had considered De Palm Island for the day thinking the kids would enjoy the added benefit of the Waterpark. In research on the internet on other forums I had heard that the waterpark was small in comparison to what we think of as waterparks here in the states and that is was more for the little ones. Our kids in our family are 10, 12, 13 & 17 so that was a wash. Passed by the island last week on a sailboat and can verify with my own eyes, it is not big and DEFINITELY not comparable to a US waterpark.

My mom and I have decided we are going to take everyone to Palm Beach for the day. Taxi there from the ship will cost $10 -- per taxi, NOT per person-- each way. Taxis under law are allowed maximum 5 passengers.

Here are the prices I figured out for our 6 adults and 4 children:

2 big umbrellas $20 x 2 = $40

6 chaise lounge rentals $8 x 6= $48 (if the kids want to sit they can use their towels)

4 floats to pass the day away $5 x 4= $20

Banana boat or tube ride for 4 kids $20 x 4= $80

2 taxis for 10 people 2 x $20 roundtrip= $40

Lunch from the Radisson for 10 people with a soda= $100

One hour rental of a Hobie Cat sailboat= $75

$403 for ten people= $40 per person for the entire day

I also figured these:

2 Adults and 2 Kids

2 chaise lounge rentals $8 x 2= $16 (if the kids want to sit they can use their towels)

2 floats $5 x 2= $10

Taxi for 4 people 1- taxi $10= $20 roundtrip

Lunch from the Radisson served to you at your chaise lounge including tip 2* x $10= $20

$106 for 4 people= $27 per person

*(portions were big enough we easily shared a Caesar Salad, Vegetable Wrap or Hot Dog with our 10 yo dd who LOVES to eat)

NO FRILLS & NO Food or Beverage

2 Adults and 2 Kids

2 chaise lounge rentals $8 x 2= $16 (if the kids want to sit they can use their towels)

$76 for 4 people= $19 per person

Taxi to Palm Beach and sit on your towels

2 Adults and 2 Kids

$20 for 4 people= $5 per person

Additional sodas from the Radisson served to you at your chaise lounge including tip $2.23

2 Frozen drinks and a smoothie will run about $20"

I then posted this January 10, 2007

"Just as an update...

We spent the day on Palm Beach New Year's Eve day. Dh, dd and I took a taxi from the pier and had the rest our family meet us at the beach at their leisure. If you do not care about seeing the Radisson's beautiful grounds and swimming pools ask the taxi to drop you off at the DePalm Pier (NOT De Palm Island- make sure they know you know the difference- De Palm Pier is on Palm Beach and De Palm Island is south of the airport). Taxi fare from Oranjestad to the Radisson/De Palm Pier will run you $10 each way. ($13 on Sundays and holidays). That is per taxi not per person. Taxis will take up to 5 persons. Taxis will require you to have dry swim suits on your return to the ship.

I made sure that I specifically told all my families members to have the taxi driver agree on a price before they got into the taxi. One driver actually wanted to charge my Mom $15 instead of the $13. She and my Dad just moved along to the next driver in line. Fares are set by destination/route by the governement- period- non-negociable.

You can also take the bus from the bus station a short walk across from the cruise terminal. The bus http://www.arubus.com/ is much less expensive than a taxi. The fare I think is $2. So bus cheaper, taxi is quicker!

We had the taxi drop us off at the entrance to De Palm Pier. You actually walk from the street side down an alley which runs between the Radisson and Riu Resort. There are two vendors who rent chaise lounges, floats, umbrellas and such at the south end of the beach at the Radisson. They also offer banana boat, parasail, tube rides, waterskiing etc.

If you choose an umbrella on the Radisson side you should be able to receive food and beverage service right at your chaise lounge. The day that we were there the resort was packed to the limit so instead chose a shade palapa on the other side of the pier in front of the Riu Resort. The resort is closed for renovations and it being a Sunday, the worksite was quiet, so I am not sure how that would affect a visit on any other ordinary day.

My brother and his kids walked to De Palm Pier for lunch where there is the Bugaloe Bar and Grill. Lunch for 4 kids and 2 beers was about $40. Considerably better bargain than the $12 I paid for my takeout Caesar Salad at the Radisson. They just renovated their beachfront restaurant so raised the menu prices to pay for it? But then again, I was able to eat my salad on the beach lounging on my chaise gazing at the ocean. For more affordable soft drinks and water there is also a Dunkin Donuts on the pier.

At the end of the afternoon we walked up through the Radisson property and out through the end of the lobby. Here you will find taxis waiting. Again, make sure your swim suits are dry."

As an additional note, the prices at the Radisson for food and beverage have gone up. Bugaloe is much more affordable, but they will not deliver to your chaise lounge, you will have to go to them. Also the vendor prices may have gone up as well. Like everywhere else, prices on the island are on the rise, a new 3% island wide tax, just for starters...

thanks again from all your fans:)
You are very welcome! I may ask you to return a favor in that my parents have just booked the Brilliance for the May transatlantic. ;)

Archived