Ketchikan fishing?

cascole

Does anyone have a recomendation for a Halibut charter in Ketchikan? I'm currently looking at True Alaskan Charters & Alaska Strike Zone. Has anyone used either of these companies? (I looked into Northern Lights as well, but wasn't impressed with having to share the boat.)

Thanks in advance!

I asked the same question on this board and ended up booking Ken w/Northern Lights. There's 4 of us going so we only had to pay $50.00 more to book the whole boat. I have seen alot of people recommend him. :)

Consider Ketchikan Charter Boats. They are a coop of sorts, so they can locate a halibut fishing charter for you. Halibut trips can be more expensive since you often have to run farther out than you do for salmon. There are also numerous fishing charter operators listed on the visitors bureau web site. Check out the travel directory and then fishing charters.

Send an email to info@ketchikanoutdoors.com about the fishing questions. This is a small company run by husband & wife, Tab & Sarah McNabb -- I haven't been with them at all but have been emailing them for quite a while -- we were wanting a boat ride sightseeing last summer but he had fishing trips already booked -- talking now about going sightseeing with him this summer. I think he has a website named ketchikanoutdoors.com

what does it cost to have the fish frozen and sent home?

About $5.00 per pound.

Here is info from the processor we use every year. Prices in most of Alaska are about the same. Shipping is most of the cost-and FedEx is raising their prices again in April. So it will probably b about $5.35-5.50 per pound.

http://www.welovefish.com/seafood-processing.htm

Archived