Mountain Dew in Mexico??

cruise4

Okay, so maybe this is a stupid question. But I figure if anyone knows, someone on here will. We have cruised many times in the Caribbean and the Caribbean side of Mexico. Since the cruise ships offer only Coke products and we prefer Pepsi products, we usually pick up a few 24 ounce bottles when in port and have been able to get Mountain Dew. However, this last time we cruised to the Mexican Riviera. We were able to find Pepsi and Diet Pepsi in ports, both to purchase and at restaurants, but not Mountain Dew. Does anyone know why we are able to find it in the Caribbean, but not on the Pacific coast of Mexico?

Okay, so maybe this is a stupid question. But I figure if anyone knows, someone on here will. We have cruised many times in the Caribbean and the Caribbean side of Mexico. Since the cruise ships offer only Coke products and we prefer Pepsi products, we usually pick up a few 24 ounce bottles when in port and have been able to get Mountain Dew. However, this last time we cruised to the Mexican Riviera. We were able to find Pepsi and Diet Pepsi in ports, both to purchase and at restaurants, but not Mountain Dew. Does anyone know why we are able to find it in the Caribbean, but not on the Pacific coast of Mexico?

I know in Puerto Vallarta you can but it in major grocery stores because we buy it. There is a Wal Mart within walking distance of the pier in PV.

We live in PV during the winter and have no problem getting Pepsi or Diet Pepsi at Walmart. There is also a supermarket (I belive its called Sorianos) within walking distance of the port which has Pepsi products (but I have never seen Mountain Dew).

Hank

Archived