Lubeck and/or Schwerin and/or Rostock?

We are three adults on the Crown Princess docking at 8:00 AM in Warnemunde on August 16. We are interested in taking the train from the dock to Rostock, Lubeck and/or Schwerin. Does anyone have specific suggestions on which or all of the cities to visit? Also specific directions on how to get to the train station and the schedule?

We are three adults on the Crown Princess docking at 8:00 AM in Warnemunde on August 16. We are interested in taking the train from the dock to Rostock, Lubeck and/or Schwerin. Does anyone have specific suggestions on which or all of the cities to visit? Also specific directions on how to get to the train station and the schedule?

Your ship is in town from 08.00 hrs to 22.00 hrs.

It's a Saturday.

Your total spend in tickets is 25.00 EUR to buy a Länderticket Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. As it is a Saturday it is valid before 09.00 hrs.

200808160837HROHL-vi.jpg

200808161401HLSN-vi.jpg

200808161751SNHRO-vi.jpg

200808162101HROWmd-vi.jpg

Station is just next to cruise terminal:

2007WmdGeneral1-vi.jpg

What you can do in the single cities: check the board here or write me an e-mail according to this link or to leave your e-mail-address and you get access to some additional information for free.

Regards,

HeinBloed

:) this is exactly what I wanted to know also..However' date=' we will be there sept 2nd..hope we get some good and detailed replies[/quote']

Sorry - since you have decided on the other thread not to go: no reply from my part.

Regards,

HeinBloed

If we miss the first train, do you know when the next arrives?

It would be somehow better to get the 08.37 hrs train...

200808160852WmdHRO-vi.jpg

200808161104HROHL-vi.jpg

200808161601HLSN-vi.jpg

200808161951SNHRO-vi.jpg

So the last connection is somehow "tough" - but it's your individual selection... some like "no risk - no fun"...

Which city do you recommend to visit?

Must: Lübeck

Should: Schwerin

Nice to see: Rostock

My personal taste and favourites.

See my e-mail. You'll able to make your right decision.

Have a great day in Germany!!!

Willkommen in Deutschland!!!

Welcome to Germany!!!

HeinBloed

Dear HeinBloed,

After looking at your walking tours of Lubeck and Schwerin, and looking at photos and info on the web, I am compelled to go to Lubeck first. The view of the buildings along the river, and the unique Rathaus and Holstentor are breathtakingly beautiful, and I must see them in person. I am also intrigued by the planning of the town. It seems to be surrounded by the river and canals as a moat.

With your info on this board, I have worked out the train schedules and fares from Warnemunde.

If you have addtional info that you have offered to send others by email, my email is helencw at aol dot com.

Many thanks!

Dear HeinBloed,

After looking at your walking tours of Lubeck and Schwerin, and looking at photos and info on the web, I am compelled to go to Lubeck first. The view of the buildings along the river, and the unique Rathaus and Holstentor are breathtakingly beautiful, and I must see them in person. I am also intrigued by the planning of the town. It seems to be surrounded by the river and canals as a moat.

You've got mail...

The river in Lübeck called Trave.

Due to the shape of the river: you can tour around the old city center on boat:

http://www.quandt-linie.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34&Itemid=64&lan_switch=eng

Subject you just stay in Lübeck without anything else:

Try to get to Travemünde as well - you can do it on boat on one way - or you save it later for Schwerin and doing it on the lake what is as beautiful.

Regards,

HeinBloed

:) sorry.. we will be in Warnemude tues sept 2nd and we too have chosen not to go to Berlin. However, since my Dh is not as adventureous as I ,we would like to see a quaint Bavarian town not too far from the port with as few connections as possible..thus leaving it to rostock,.lubeck,wismar or schwerin..will the above mentioned schedule work for a Tues also? thanks for you many posts (quote=HeinBloed;15610561]Sorry - since you have decided on the other thread not to go: no reply from my part.

Regards,

HeinBloed

:) sorry.. we will be in Warnemude tues sept 2nd and we too have chosen not to go to Berlin. However' date=' since my Dh is not as adventureous as I ,we would like to see a quaint Bavarian town not too far from the port with as few connections as possible..thus leaving it to rostock,.lubeck,wismar or schwerin..will the above mentioned schedule work for a Tues also? thanks for you many posts[/quote']

Sorry - I can help HOW to get there but the decision you must do yourself.

To see a quaint Bavarian town:

Subject you are on CARNIVAL SPLENDOR

(DISCOVERY is not calling Warnemünde but Rostock - SEABOURNE PRIDE is arrving too late):

I would suggest Bamberg in Bavaria - one of the nicest quaint Bavarian towns I know.

Here is the schedule information:

200809020657HROBA-vi.jpg

200809021416BAHRO-vi.jpg

Regards,

HeinBloed

Heinblod,

We will be in Warnemunde on August 21 on the Carnival Splendor and have chosen not to go to Berlin as we like the countryside much better. We spent 3 weeks in Germany a few years ago and loved everything about Bavaria.

We have arranged with Avis to rent a car in Rostock and need some direction as to how best to get there. I know that Hertz has a car rental near our port, but our arrangement with Avis includes insurance at no extra cost (and much less than Hertz w/o insurance), so we chose Avis.

We would then drive ourselves to Lubeck and Schwerin...at least that is the plan. Any suggestions???

We will be in Warnemunde on August 21 on the Carnival Splendor and have chosen not to go to Berlin as we like the countryside much better. We spent 3 weeks in Germany a few years ago and loved everything about Bavaria.

Sorry to disappoint you... nothing will be like in Bavaria... especially not Neuschwanstein, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Munich or Nuremburg... Northern Germany is totally opposite... you even do not get a "Haxe" (roasted pork shank)...

We have arranged with Avis to rent a car in Rostock and need some direction as to how best to get there. I know that Hertz has a car rental near our port, but our arrangement with Avis includes insurance at no extra cost (and much less than Hertz w/o insurance), so we chose Avis.

It's your individual decision.

We would then drive ourselves to Lubeck and Schwerin...at least that is the plan. Any suggestions???

1. Lübeck

2. Schwerin

3. Wismar

4. Scenic Route back to Warnemünde

Interested???

Leave your e-mail-address here in a reply or mail to

CC-DOWNLOAD (at) nickname-online dot de

(Replace nickname by my nickname used in this forum)

I can send you some route instructions...

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived