Fascination or Fantasy???

peteypie

I am beginning to plan a vacation for next summer for 4 moms and 4 daughters (age 15). We have never cruised on Carnival. In your opinion, is one ship better than the other?? We have already cruised on a newer, larger ship, but we are planning a short trip this time to the Bahamas. Which ship would you choose?? Thanks for sharing your opinions!!

Are they not both the same class ship--only the decor will be different.

what you can do to compare is how many days? and from what port-- (transportation costs) and what day it leaves. . Also- overall cost for the cruise--

The Fantasy is a beautiful ship now since the refurb. She looks great. Also, Cape Canaveral is very easy to get into and out of. This is just my view of course, but, they are both Fantasy class ships. They just refurbished the Fantasy and the decor is beautiful as well as the cabins. But, it really depends on what matters most to you. If it's cost, then the Fascination is usually cheaper. Miami is a nicer port than Cape Canaveral, but, we always drive, and getting into Miami and out is tougher. You will have a great time no matter which you choose.

I am beginning to plan a vacation for next summer for 4 moms and 4 daughters (age 15). We have never cruised on Carnival. In your opinion, is one ship better than the other?? We have already cruised on a newer, larger ship, but we are planning a short trip this time to the Bahamas. Which ship would you choose?? Thanks for sharing your opinions!!

They are both the same, Canaveral is easy in and out. I would see which has the best deal for the week your sailing.

Steve

I have sailed on both and the Fantasy definately gets my vote if you're doing Carnival. I've been on 15 cruises to date and the Fasination is the only ship I would never step foot on again. The Fasination was filthy and great for people who want to get so drunk they pass out and puke in the elevators. Saw that twice. The Fantasy was in much better shape (and I was on it before it was refurbished last year).

Archived