Why no review of Jewel yet?

Hello lanabanana,

I have not sailed on the Jewel yet, but on Friday she was in Boston and I had a chance to tour and have lunch on the ship with other travel agents and our Key Account Manager from RCCL. The Jewel is just stunning!!

Lots of glass and windows everywhere. I have never been on a Radiance class ship before so I was quite impressed.

Got to see the Royal Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite, Junior Suite and a cat. D1. All were great, but we toured the Royal Suite first and worked our way to the smaller suites. By the time we got to the D1, we were not impressed!! But the D1 was still a very decent sized stateroom and very well appointed. It's just that it paled in comparison to those luxurious suites!!

But that didn't stop me from coming home and booking a D1 for next Oct 22 2005!! Actually opened up a group too. The Jewel will be doing a 10nt out of Boston to Bermuda/Caribbean.

No flying for me!! I can drive to BOS in 45 minutes!!

Kerri

Hey bubba211, some of us asked this question on a thread about certain ta's still being able to discount RCCL if they have a key account, and it was never answered so maybe you can tell us. What exactly does key account mean, and how do we identify a ta that has this status? Thanks.

goodml,

I am not completely positive what it is, as I am not in the marketing dept at my agency. But I would assume it has to do with the volume of business we give RCCL. Another words, they are our preferred cruise line. We sell all lines, but we book most of our groups on RCCL, as well as individual bookings.

I can rebate to guests since I am an outside sales agent. But as I understand it, we cannot advertise those reduced rates in print or on-line. I treat each booking individually, so there is no across the board rebating.

Hope this helps.

Kerri

I'm waiting patiently for a review of someone's sailing on the Jewel, but it seems slow to come. Has anyone sailed her?

If you follow the links in my signature you can find a review of my first cruise on the Jewel. Sorry but I haven´t started the review of my last cruise yet. Still trying to come back to reality. Just came back home off the Jewel on Saturday.

Archived