Just booked Destiny (again), cabin question

seeker

OK Destiny Lovers or anyone else,

I just booked a May 22 sailing. This time us girls decided to go with a lower price cabin instead of a balcony because we spent so little time in it. So we booked a 1A with 2 portholes, a single bed and a convertible sofa on Main Deck 2. Anyone ever stay in one, or seen one? It will be 2 girls sharing this cabin. Will we have enough room? Will we feel alot of motion being at the very front end of the ship? For the price we thought it was better to have some sunlight stream through than to get 2 single beds.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Happy Cruising,

Seeker

P.S. I just can't seem to stay away from the Southern Caribbean itinerary,

go figure!

Don't know about Destiny, but on the Holiday, I had a cabin w/porthole third from front of ship. I know some folks say they hear big waves hitting the bow, etc., but I never heard a thing. Nothing. Well, I lie.....I DID hear the anchor being dropped when we got into the ports - but only for about 5 seconds. I liked that cabin - no traffic in the hall, and it was nice and quiet the whole cruise.

I liked it so well, I'm very, very pleased that my cabin on the Sensation will be E1, w/two portholes. (I just can't do an inside again - I love having that bit of sky to look at.):) I think y'all made a smart decision.

not sure if you booked it with air or not, but i know CCL has a catagory called IS, and if you book your own air that cat is usually the same as the 1a in price. the good thing is you are guaranteed an inside cabin with 2 lower beds, the bad, well you won't know your cabin number until the day you sail.. but the 1a cabins are great especially for the price.

Thanks everyone,

Yes the cabin looks like it is in a very peaceful section of the ship. My own special corner, LOL. I didn't do an inside guarantee because I wanted some sort of window-at the same price as an inside. Well, this was it.

I always do air on my own. Its so much cheaper! Carnival wants $499 pp from Chicago- I can do my own, get a non-stop on American for a little over $300pp, and buy transfers for $30pp.

Thanks for all your responses!

Archived