Spirit Review 1/30-2/4

vicmchn

This was our third cruise but first on Norwegian. I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews on here, but the cruise was great! definately the best we have been on. We are in our thirties. We had an inside(which was fine because we were rarely in it). As far as the ride- we could hardly feel it. One evening it was a little rough on the way to Grand Caymen, but on our other cruises it was rough in the same area. We boarded the ship at 3 pm. We ate at windows twice,the outside bbq (which is offered on several different days, and raffles. I thought the food was really good in raffles except for the last night. The had mexican night there and Italian. They also had an omelet and waffle station in the am. The ship was beutiful and very maintained. Our cabin stewards were very good. Also in general, I think the help was very nice. It was crowded around the pool, but plenty of other places to lay out. Kids pool area and main pool very nice. We took a taxi to seven mile beach in Grand Caymen and it was very nice. The cost of taxi and beach chairs was 40.00 for two. In Roatan we did the Catamaran and Beach/Snorkel. We loved it-definately the best snorkeling we had ever done.We really liked Roatan, it looks ruff when you first get off the ship,but when you get in the middle and other side it is beutiful. We found the people to be very nice. It is a very poor country and children do beg for money and try to sell things. But could you blame them? I talked to several children and they were very sweet. We would love to return there. In miami we did the everglades tour and it was ok. ( It was raining). The shows were really good and we really liked the music played around the ship. They had a crew talent show and guest talent show-both were really good. The gym was nice. They had a 70's night and caribean deck party. We really had no conplaints. Also when getting off on the islands things went very smooth.

Archived