Canopy Tour / White Water Rafting

1realityshowfan

I'll be sailing on the Brillance of the Seas next month and I'm trying to decide what to do when we stop in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica. I have narrowed my options down to four. 1) Jungle Breezes Canopy Tour, 2) The Original Canopy Tour, 3) Crazy Monkey Canopy Tour, or 4) Conquer Your Fears (Canopy Tour and White Water Rafting).

Can anyone tell me if any of these tours have photographers that take pictures/video of the excursion? This will be a key decision factor in which tour I select.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Realityshowfan

I have been trying to get information on the same two excursions in Costa Rica. Are the four opitions you post excursions through the ship or are they through private compnay's? If they are private compnay's could you share the web links with me or guide me in teh right direction. I'm sail on the Carnival Liberty July 7, 2007. Thanks and I hope you have a great trip.

Rich

Rich,

The four tours I listed are through the cruise line. I've located the websites of the tours, but none of them indicate whether or not they have photographers. I ended up deciding to do the "Conquer your Fears" tour, since it combined both the canopy tour and white water rafting.

I noticed your going on Carnival. If your ship was going to Limon, you might want to double check your intinerary, before you book any excursions, since it appears Carnival has pulled all their ships out of Limon.

Below are the websites I located:

Jungle Breezes: http://www.junglebreeze.com

The Original Canopy Tour: http://www.canopytour.com/

Crazy Monkey: http://www.crazymonkeycanopytour.com/

Conuer Your Fears (canopy portion): http://www.rfat.com/Parks/AtlanticCostaRica/SpecialAttractions/CanopyTour/tabid/90/Default.aspx

I am booked on the Conquer Your Fears trip through Celebrity on March 19. I found the following sites:

http://www.rfat.com for the zip line part and lunch

http://www.riostropicales.com for the Cairo Operations Center and I think the rafting is done on the Reventazón river.

Of course - this assumes that Celebrity doesn't cancel Costa Rica.

Tracey

• 2 weeks later...

1realityshowfan

Thanks for the information and links. Yes, I spoke with my PVP from Carnival and she told me Carnival as of now is still going to Limon. I guess the agreemnet with the local government is that if there is another incident in that port Carnival will pull out for good. But once again as of now we are still going there.

Thanks again for getting back to me.

Rich

Hi

We did the rafting on the Reventazón river (www.riostropicales.com) booked through the Liberty. The bus ride is fine except it is a rainforest and on our day it was difficult to see much in the distance.

The rafting itself was great. First time rafting so nothing to compare to - but love roller coasters and like this more. The guides are great and some speak prefect English.

They do take shots at several sites along the river and offer a CD at the end. Cost about $25 US. Be careful if there is more than 1 tour as you could be like us and get the wrong disk. Fortunately, they are very honest and after we discovered the error (a month later) they sent us a replacement. The first one got lost and they sent another. The disk includes all the rafts on the water at the time so you have to be patient to see your shots but they are great. They also include a large volume of photos of CR flora and fauna on the disk.

Have fun - we'll be rafting again somewhere - maybe even moving up to Cat 4. :D

Bob

Bob,

I'm curious, "you said you booked White Water rafting on the liberty" is that the excurions company Carnival used on your trip or did you book through a private compnay? I've heard some decent things about the company you mentioned.

Thanks

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

1realityshowfan

Where did you find the "conquer your fears" excursion. Is it with Royal Caribbean? I too would like to do both if possible. I did the canopy tour in Jamaica and it was awesome!:cool: Maybe I can't find it because we are stopping in another port in Costa Rica. Thanks for some good links.

1realityshowfan

Where did you find the "conquer your fears" excursion. Is it with Royal Caribbean? I too would like to do both if possible. I did the canopy tour in Jamaica and it was awesome!:cool: Maybe I can't find it because we are stopping in another port in Costa Rica. Thanks for some good links.

On the Brilliance last month we did the conquer your fears tour. It was WONDERFUL!!! It was unbelieveable, and more. We booked this thru the ship and it was done quite well. I usually do not book thru ship but this was done so well.

They do take pictures both on the zip lines and a DVD on the river.

Enjoy your trip, I would go again in a minute!

Laura

Archived