Doing some last minute itinerary updates! I know there are SOOO many questions but please comment on any that you can 🙂 🙂
1. Cheapest post-cruise hotel to stay in (we'll be arriving in the White Bay Cruise Terminal)? Additionally best things to do for 2 days in Sydney with 12 month old. We love animals, museums and nature. We'll be getting off the ship Saturday and our flight back to the US is at 8:30pm Sunday. We were thinking of trying to do a day trip to the Blue Mountains but not sure if it's too much to cram into a day.
2. Dunedin- I've read the Taieri Gorge Train excursion is a MUST DO but it's only available through our cruise line and it's 389/pp. Is it really THAT good? The other option we're considering is Speights Brewery Tour and Larnach Castle.
3. Glow Worms- We've heard about how cool the glow worms are and see options at different ports. What is the best excursion to see them?
4. Here are the other stops we're making: Dunedin, Akaroa, Wellington, Napier, Tauranga (Rotorua), Auckland and the Bay of Islands. Please recommend any MUST DO things in any of those places!!
5. We're arriving in Sydney at 8am the day our cruise leaves. Can we go straight to James Bay Terminal and drop off our bags and then explore for a few more hours? Do you know the earliest they'll let us drop off our bags with a porter?
5b. We were hoping to go to the Tauranga Zoo on Sunday the day we get there. Is it feasible to drop off luggage, head to the zoo and get back to board on time?
6. My husband is a HUGE beer connoisseur. Can anyone recommend any other breweries or bars at any of our ports (#4) where he can sample some amazing NZ/Australian beer?
7. Since we're leaving next week- any advice on weather/packing? Should we do 50/50 pants and shorts?
Any other advice is so very appreciated!!