Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I don't think that will apply to any of my kids for this sailing. I will have to double check. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
  2. RCCL called back around noon. They stuck to their original offer. I asked about L&S and they said it wasn't an option. We have decided to stick with our current sailing. Future prices are high and we don't know if they will get any better. Plus, we are both teachers and can only travel during holidays and summer when it seems to be more expensive. Thank you everyone for your input and advice.
  3. I will ask about the L&S option when they call back tomorrow. If they don't offer something better than the refund and FCC we will stick with our current sailing. The exact price we paid per cabin for two people is $713.26 (no obc).
  4. I looked at cruises for next summer (same amount of days/itinerary) and the prices are more than the refund and FCC combined. We have three balconies in a row (two connecting) that we originally paid under $2200 (total) for. The cheapest I could find for next summer is $4500. We live near the ports so that is not an issue.
  5. I didn't see this mentioned in any threads so I thought I would share the information with everyone. We just received a phone call from the RCCL executive department (I think that's what she said). We have three cabins on the F.O.S. for Monday (7/12/2021). She said due to capacity constraints they would like to offer us a full refund and a FCC in the full amount we paid for the cruise if we would cancel. I told her we needed to think about it and she said she will call us back tomorrow. This was a cruise we originally booked for June 2020 that we lifted and shifted to the I.O.S. on 7/12 that was later switched to the N.O.S. and was switched again to the current ship. They did also call us about a week ago and asked if we were willing to provide our vaccination status which we did. Each cabin has a vaccinated adult and an unvaccinated child.
  6. They are three balcony cabins in a row. My cabin and moms cabin are connecting rooms. Grandma is the very next room. All three balconies connect. Thanks for all of the feedback.
  7. My concern is that the only other guest left on the reservation for that cabin would be a minor.
  8. We currently have three cabins for the March 22, 2021 sailing on the Independence of the Seas. It is for me (dad), mom, daughter, daughter, daughter, and grandma. All three daughters are under 13 years of age. Cabin 1 ( me and daughter), Cabin 2 (mom and daughter), Cabin 3 (grandma and daughter). Grandma is 78. What would happen if grandma decides not to go in March? She wants to go, just don't know how things will be at that time. Will they let us keep cabin 3 (not asking for a refund on grandma's fare) with just a child booked in it or will they make us change cabin 1 or cabin 2 to a cabin that holds 3 and make us pay the prevailing rates at that time? Thanks in advance for your help
  9. Hi, I am trying to Lift and Shift a cruise I purchased today through a TA. When using the Royal Caribbean L&S page I get the following message: "The reservation number entered is on Offered status. The reservation is not eligible for the Lift and Shift program." Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.
  10. Is it possible to Lift and Shift from the 4/17/2021 8 Night Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Empress to the 3/26/2022 8 Night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Odyssey? Thanks in advance for your help :)
  11. Can I Lift & Shift from a March 2021 8n Western Caribbean from Miami (no CocoCay) to a March 2022 8n Southern Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale (No CocoCay)?
  12. Tried Lifting and Switching from March 14, 2021 sailing on Empress of the Seas to the March 19, 2022 sailing on Symphony of the Seas. They are both 7 nights out of Miami and Eastern Caribbean and each includes a stop at Coco Cay. I used a big box TA. First they told me it has to be the same ship. The next day they told me my fare didn't qualify. The next day I told them to cancel Empress sailing (I paid the refundable deposit rate). They then apologized and said they could do it that they were still learning the rules. Then today they email me saying it has to be the same itinerary. I emailed them it was. They said there was nothing they can do. Did I do something wrong?
  13. I have a cruise booked with a refundable deposit in March 2021. If I lift and shift it to March 2022 does it remain a refundable deposit? Thanks in advance for your help.
  14. Tried calling RCCL to L & S a booking made with a TA. RCCL told me the TA has to do it. Is this true or should I call back later?
  15. If I am able to Lift and Shift a cruise from March 2021 that has a refundable deposit to a March 2022 cruise is the deposit still refundable? Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Create New...