It's been about 7 years since we last cruised and thinking about starting up again in February back with Celebrity. I'm looking at Summit because of a great itinerary and came here to Cruisecritic only to get CruiseConfused! Obviously I've been away too long as there's a lot that seems to have changed. Hoping you all can help us get back on track.
1) We want to stay with AQ - is there a real quality difference on Summit as opposed to Silhouette or others of that class?
2) Looking like the AQ rooms are under the pool deck - is that of concern?
3) Where is smoking allowed? I DON'T want a room near smoking areas
4) What is this "bidding" I've read about?
5) I've been reading something about Qsine not continuing? Is there truth to that and are there other changes that are to take place affecting Summit?
6) Is wi-fi acceptable or should that be one of the "freebie bonuses" to choose?
7) If you had to choose two freebie bonuses what would they be: beverage package, gratuities, wi-fi, onboard credit?
Thanks for your help!