So, our family has been loyal to Royal (Caribbean) for several years and love the Oasis class ships, but after doing some research, I feel like we just can't beat the value of staying in the yacht club. We've stayed in a suite on Disney cruise line and were very happy with it, but suites are not typically in our budget. We've never cruised on MSC, so I have a lot of questions that I can't seem to find good answers for here. We've just booked a two week Caribbean cruise on the Seaside in late May/early June, and I am so excited! I cannot wait to try out the YC! Any help you can give this planner (affectionately called the "cruise director" by her family) would be greatly appreciated!
1) Do you have to pay for the specialty restaurants (besides the YC one)? If so, are there any discounts for YC?
2) Are any of the amusement activities (zip line, bowling, etc.) included or do we need to buy packages for them?
3) Will MSC reach out to me at some point before the cruise to set things up or ask about our preferences or will we just need to wait until we get onboard? I only ask because the Disney concierge team emails you a couple of months ahead of time to start working on your plans.
4) How is the internet onboard? If we are going to be gone for two full weeks, my husband will need to check in on work a few times. Is that included in YC or should we pre-buy the premium internet package?
5) If anyone has cruised recently, how is the dress for teenage boys, particularly on formal nights? I've seen a few different answers, and I know my son would love it if he could wear shorts most nights, with the exception of something nicer on formal nights. I would expect we will eat most of our meals in the YC restaurant, based on all of the wonderful reviews I've been reading.
I'm sure I'll come up with more as I go, but this will help get me started. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.