Private Taxi Tours

woodyginger

I've read this somewhere but cannot find it now.

Does anyone know if I can hire a taxi driver for about 5 hours and get them to go where I want to.

If so about how much could I expect to pay.

Are taxi's inside or outside terminal?

Please help leaving on cruise soon.

Thanks Carol:confused:

I saw on this site where you recommended him. I had already sent him an email and have not heard back. We are leaving home Dec. 4th for Dec. 6th cruise.

If I don't hear back soon , Can we expect to ask any taxi driver to tour us for the 5 hours.

Thanks for you help and also your info.

Hi:

Just back from a cruise on the Caribbean Princess (11/16 - 11/23) having stopped for the day in Aruba. We too had tried to use Bully, but he was unfortunately booked for the day. He referred us to Ivan who has a private taxi van. We arranged a 3 hour tour with him, at a flat rate of $40 per hour. I believe his van can hold 5 or 6 people. I'm certain that he would structure the tour to your specifications. We had a nice tour with him, and I would use him again on my next visit to Aruba.

You can contact him at ijgordijk@setarnet.aw, or 297-565-0856 (cell) Not sure of the country code for Aruba.

Hope this helps.

Ted

• 1 year later...

After contacting Bully for a tour of Aruba we were told that his excursion was completely full. We were disappointed, however, he recommended us to his friend Ivan. We made contact with Ivan through his email address and he responded to us immediately. He indicated that he had an air-conditioned van that would accommodate up to 5 people. His rates were $45 an hour for the van regardless of the number of passengers. We reserved his van for 3 hours and left it to Ivan to design a tour for the 4 of us.

Once we departed the Ruby Princess, just inside the passenger terminal, Ivan awaited us with a sign bearing our names with his van waiting just outside. Ivan was able to give us a thorough overview of the entire island from Palm Beach to the California Lighthouse over to the Natural Bridge on the north coast. But basically once inside the van anywhere we wanted to go or any place we wanted to stop we could. He made it clear that it was our tour and we could modify it at anytime.

Ivan was born and raised in Aruba and has a very good knowledge of her history, he is familiar with the local crowd and makes sure his van gets to the area attractions before the tour busses do. After our tour Ivan even took us to the grocery store on his own time so we could pick up some local drinks to take back to the ship, he then dropped us off downtown right next to the ship terminal.

You can really get a pretty good overview of the island of Aruba in three to four hours and we recommend that if you are looking for a really nice, small private group excursion, that you give Ivan a try!

• 2 weeks later...

We had arranged to use Bully for our recent visit to Aruba. Since there were 14 of us and a taxi can take only 5 people, he arranged to have Sonny take all but 4 of us. Sonny has a very nice vehicle that holds 14 people comfortably. He worked for De Palm, the largest tour company on the island and had just recently gone into business on his own. We did a 4 hour tour, saw half the island and found Sonny very helpful and informative. We paid $25.00 pp and felt we more than got our money's worth. In addition, Sonny's wife works at one of the jewelry stores and if you shop there, you receive a very nice discount. He can be contacted at binns.tours.@yahoo.com

Can someone provide the email address for Ivan? The address listed above does not work. Thanks:)

Here is Ivan's email address: ijgordijk@setarnet.aw

We had the pleasure of touring Aruba with Ivan on April 17th. He was waiting for us at the terminal when we came off the ship. He previously worked for more than 20 years with a larger tour company on the island. That explains why he is so knowledgable about Aruba and we learned so much about the island. He has a great personality and we highly recommend him.

He is great!!! :D I hope you use Ivan.

• 3 years later...
Hi:

Just back from a cruise on the Caribbean Princess (11/16 - 11/23) having stopped for the day in Aruba. We too had tried to use Bully, but he was unfortunately booked for the day. He referred us to Ivan who has a private taxi van. We arranged a 3 hour tour with him, at a flat rate of $40 per hour. I believe his van can hold 5 or 6 people. I'm certain that he would structure the tour to your specifications. We had a nice tour with him, and I would use him again on my next visit to Aruba.

You can contact him at ijgordijk@setarnet.aw, or 297-565-0856 (cell) Not sure of the country code for Aruba.

Hope this helps.

Ted

Hi Ted, I tried contacting bully too but unfortuately he is not available. He gave us Ivan's number and i have sent him an e.mail, waiting to hear back. Do you think 3 hrs is enough to see the highlights of the island? We are going to be in Aruba in March and have until 4 pm at the port. Also, if we are not able to book a private tour for 3 of us before we leave on the cruise, are we able to arrange a private tour upon arrival at the port? Thanks

• 11 months later...

January 12, 2015. We lucked into a driver named Iris at the port, right by our ship, the Island Princess. She took 6 of us all over the island, narrated everything, and dropped some off at the beach at their request. She knew all the local stories and characters, and even though we have toured this island before, we really liked Iris' take on everything. She only charged us $25 each and was very accommodating. She drives taxi #131 and her cell number is 297-560-2458. We were out for like 4 hours with her, and she loves taking pictures with your camera so you will have lots of memories. Don't forget the free trolley just a few blocks from the ship, as well. It runs around town for free.

Edited by FloridaBuela
(omitted date)