Ketchikan Zodiac Tour w/Ketchikan Outdoors

BAJABUM21

I have spent a lot of time in small skiffs and inflatables in Alaska. I love skiffs and zodiacs. They are the best way to see things and are great to fish from. However, they can be an utterly miserable form of transportation when it is cold and rainy. I wear approximately the same amount of clothes on a skiff as I would wear to cross country ski in Fairbanks in zero degrees, plus a rain layer. When you are moving, the wind blows the rain into your face. Ketchikan is the rain capitol of the known world! Just be prepared if the weather is bad- as they probably won't cancel the tour unless it's very windy.

• 1 month later...

Hello...I was lucky enough to get on the Zodiac Tour last summer...It was a beautiful day with some sunshine and some rain...But, the thrill of driving your own boat on the waters of Alaska with the wind blowing in your face was by far worth getting a little wet...This tour is for the adventurous who love something different...And, the sightseeing was wonderful..We had a very informative guide and I feel like I saw more of Ketchikan by water than by any other mode of travel..WHAT FUN...A DEFINITE DO...

Archived