Just back from Explorer!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

223 Posts
Joined Sep 2002
Did the Eastern caribbean. San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten & Nassau.
No didn't do the lab, reservations were full.
Crusin 04
Ann25
109 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Hope you had a great time. Could you email me your cruise compasses if you kept them. I would greatly appreciate it. Seems as though everyone has the western and not the eastern.
Boston, MA
46 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
I will be sailing the Eastern Caribbean route on the Explorer in January. This will be my first cruise and I was wondering what your impressions were about the ports and the ship in general.

Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Rochester NY, The World's Image Centre
286 Posts
Joined Sep 2004
We'll be on with Pat next October. Looking forward to hearing about the Eastern itinerary and the ship. We're already excited !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ken & Kathy Hazlett
Rochester NY

Not exactly cruising, but Ken (in 4th grade) sailed New York City to Gibraltar on Italian Line's "Rafaelo" in January 1966 and Great Britain back to NYC on Holland America's "Statendam" in September 1966.
Royal Caribbean "Sovereign of the Seas", 12/98 (4 nts)
"Cruise Virgins" deflowered. Awesome food and "shooter" drinks. Missed Coco Cay due to high seas, but had a great "day at sea" on the way to KW.
Carnival "Sensation", 07/00 (7 nts)
A balcony suite shared with best friends, lunch with Emeril in New Orleans, and a surprise proposal. Swimming with stingrays in Grand Cayman was a blast, and you can't pass up a trip to Hell.
Carnival "Jubilee", 01/01 (4 nts)
Key West was in the deep freeze, but margaritas at Jimmy Buffet's helped. Cozumel was toasty.
Carnival "Paradise", 12/01 (7 nts)

A perfect honeymoon on the only totally non-smoking ship --- what a breath of fresh air !
Royal Caribbean "Explorer of the Seas", 10/23/05 (7 nts)
The threat of Hurricane Wilma made departure interesting. The Meet & Mingle and spending time with other CCers was awesome. RCI's food IS better than Carnival's, and Portofino was a real treat.
<center style="margin: 0px;"></center><center style="margin: 0px;"></center><center style="margin: 0px;"></center>