What to do for the day with a Toddler?

Taylors

Hi there!

My son will be 2.5 by the time we cruise (1st week of Feb) I know he won't be able to do most (if any?) of the excursions offered by the ship. What will we be able to do with him? Has anyone done any excursions with a toddler?

Thanks in advance!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Hi there!

My son will be 2.5 by the time we cruise (1st week of Feb) I know he won't be able to do most (if any?) of the excursions offered by the ship. What will we be able to do with him? Has anyone done any excursions with a toddler?

Thanks in advance!

We will be bringing a 14 month old and a 3 year old and we plan on doing beach days at all of the islands. We will bring one of those baby tents, umbrellas, lots of sunscreen, and beach toys. Other excursions won't work for us. We will be with DH, DD and her DH, and the babies (hers). So there will be 4 adults to the 2 children.

• 1 month later...
What did you end up doing? We have an upcoming cruise with a 3 yr old.

We ended up doing an island tour in an open air train/trolley thing. I believe it was around $20pp (our son was free) We made a few stops along the way. There were free drinks, and it ended at a nice beach. Unfortunately we didn't have much time to spend at the beach. The island was beautiful!

We didn't pre book anything, but joined one of the many tour vendors in the cruise bubble. When we got off the ship we explored the port area, and ended up finding the tour. I believe we were approached by the driver with the details, but I could be wrong I wish I could remember more details about it! But we've sense gone from a family of 3 to a family of 4.. and anyone who has had a baby knows those little buggers suck our brains!

I'll see if I can find some pictures or if my husband remembers more details and report back!