Scooter Rental in Haugesund?

geogal

Hello,

I have searched the threads for info on Haugesund to see if there are places one can rent a moped or scooter in Haugesund for the day. Nothing found. I've e-mailed the TI office as well. Does anyone know if there are places to rent these? If not, would we expect to find taxis for hire at the port? Just checking what the options are in advance of our August cruise on Norwegian Jade.

Thanks so much.

I hope you don't mind me piggybacking here as there isn't much info out there on this port. We will be in Haugesund on the jade in August also. We aren't the type to just stroll the city and no shopping. Looking for outdoor activities like hiking or bicycle. We are willing to cab to trailhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Bermudabound2014!

We'll be in Haugesund on Tues. August 15th. Maybe we're on the same sailing? We are thinking of taking the city bus to Skudeneshavn on Karmoy, then bussing back or taking a taxi. The buses only run 1xhour and the trip takes between 1 hr. 15 (there) and 1 hr (back). A scooter would be ideal and give us more flexibility. I have an inquiry into a taxi company for costs one way. If we're there the same day, always looking for ways to "share" transportation. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi BermudaBound2014,

My wife and I will be on the Jade which is docking in Haugesund on August 2nd (2017). We're looking into getting a rental car to enable us to visit the waterfalls at Langfoss (96 km; ~1.5 hrs) and on to the waterfalls at Låtefossen (22 km; ~20 min) and then back to Haugesund. Cost for the rental car would be in the 130 Euro (about $150) plus gas and tolls. The planing is in the preliminary stages at this point, but we would be interested in sharing the trip / costs with you if you're interested.

Hi, we are there Aug 2nd also and interested in sharing a car but I read someone said the car agent closes at 3.30pm so wouldn't leave much time. I will research some more.

cheers,

Lynne (Sayaguru)