Snorkel - Grand Cayman or Cozumel

We are going on the Mariner in May to the Western Caribbean. This is our first cursie and we really want to snorkel. Should be snorkel in GC or Cozumel? How about both? What are the best spots? Are there any free snorkel location at either location? I appreciate any information you can share.:)

We found some pretty good snorkeling at Eden Rock in Grand Cayman. Just go right down the main street once you get off the tender. It's down about a block or two at a little dive shop. They rent lockers there. There's no beach, and it's really rockey in the water but there's a good amount of fish.

Thanks for the information. Trying to figure out which site(s) the ships use as their reef & wreck excursion. I think Cali and Cheeseburger, not sure though. Would like to do Cali because it's a wreck, but don't want to be overwhelmed by the ships excursion. Is Eden Rock crowded. Which one would you say is the least crowded. Thanks again for sharing. I'm new to these boards and this site, as we are taking our first cruise in May. I have really enjoyed this site and boards. I've learned alot.:)

Archived