snorkeling in Cabo

10splyr

I have read that there are some snorkeling excursions at Cabo. Any info will be appreciated, but I also need to know: will I need a wetsuit or shortjohns in November? I'm originally from CA, but have never been to Mexico in November-January, and the water on the west coast is much colder than the east coast. So... help.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

We have been to Cabo quite a few times but not on a ship. I'm not sure what they offer for excursions. One of the snorkle tours down there is on a "pirate" ship. We just wore swimsuits for snorkling. We also did some scuba diving and wore lycra skins. Other divers with us wore wetsuits. Our last dives were in late September and the water was bearable. But it really depends on your tolerance.

Have fun. Cabo is a fun place to stay.

We went snorkeling in Cabo off an NCL cruise ship last January. No one wore wetsuits but a number of us wore t-shirts over our swim suits to keep from getting sunburned on our backs. The water and air temperature were both quite warm. We had a great time drinking free margueritas on our way back!

Archived