Snorkeling Gear

#4'smom

We will be in PV, Maz & Cabo next week and I am wondering if I should take our snorkeling gear or not??? We would probably only use it in Mazatlan or Cabo, please advise. Would we need to book a snorkeling tour in these 2 cities?

We will be in PV' date=' Maz & Cabo next week and I am wondering if I should take our snorkeling gear or not??? We would probably only use it in Mazatlan or Cabo, please advise. Would we need to book a snorkeling tour in these 2 cities?[/quote']

In Cabo there's great snorkeling off Lover's Beach and you can get there with a water taxi at the pier - just a few dollars.

In PV you can hire a taxi to take you to the beach for Los Arches - an underwater preserve with some nice snorkeling. There will be water taxis at the beach who will take you to the Arch.

Both places have tours, although, if you feel comfortable, it's very easy to get to these places on your ouwn. Although, if you've been snorkeling in Hawaii or the Carribean, the snorkeling there is better. That said, we still go snorkeling in Mexico. It's fun going through the Arch/cave at Los Arches in PV.

I just saw a report over on trip advisor from a poster who is a dive master who lives in Cabo. They are having weird issues with water temps right now. It is the lowest of the year at only 55 degrees!!!! :eek: That is way to cold to snorkle without a wetsuit. It will probably be warmer in the other ports.

• 1 year later...
I just saw a report over on trip advisor from a poster who is a dive master who lives in Cabo. They are having weird issues with water temps right now. It is the lowest of the year at only 55 degrees!!!! :eek: That is way to cold to snorkle without a wetsuit. It will probably be warmer in the other ports.

Okay, the water temp in 2008 was only 55 degrees in Cabo. What is the water temp in Cabo NOW the end of 2009? Is it warm enough to go snorkelling in Cabo, Acapulco, Huatulco and Chiapas?

Conan

Archived