Any Princess Favorites for Healthy Eating?

Boca_Raton

I know it seems sacrilegious, but I need to avoid all the heavy eating and go somewhat healthy – saving one dish a day to splurge. I’ve seen posts on Princess dream boats, and Fettuccine that sound nice, but I’m sure I’ll have no trouble finding that special something to indulge in.

Of course things like crab legs and salmon (sans the butter) will be a treat on my upcoming Alaskan cruise, but what else is really healthy and really yummy?

I think you'll find it to be no problem as there is always a full "Spa" menu on the dinner menus, but here a few random ideas as well:

One reason I eat in the Dining Room for breakfast (besides avoiding the relentless horde) is so I can order Papaya. I usually order a "Double order". It's surprising good quality for being on a ship, and not usually NOT offered in the Horizon Court (buffet).

The Princess recipe for "Bran Muffins" is also especially good.

Oh, and Green Tea and a good selection of herbal teas are offered in all dining locations. I often make my own "Iced herbal Tea" in Horizon Court during the day. Fill one glass with tea bags and hot water, Fill another with Ice only. Take both to table, then pour over Ice at your table.

I usually splurge for the first few days (or week) eating anything I want, then gradually taper off until I am eating basically soup, salad and fruit by the end of the cruise, lol.

Archived