Question for those who have had a three day P&O cruise?

Painter

We went on the "3 day cruise to nowhere" in Nov on the Pacific Sun.

The first night was PJ nite, 2nd night was Formal and 3rd night was Island night. If you ring P&O a few days before you cruise they will tell you what is planned, I'm sure you'll probably have a similar thing.

In regard to the PJ and Island night only about half the boat dressed up and they requested to wear usual clothes for dinner and then get changed after dinner. With the formal night everyone got dressed up and it lovely to see everyone all glammed up for dinner and afterwards in the bars/discos.

"With the formal night everyone got dressed up and it lovely to see everyone all glammed up for dinner and afterwards in the bars/discos."

Don't go over the top with "getting glammed up" ~ it's NOT a dinner suit and glittering evening gown affair.

For men who dress UP the most dressy would be a jacket & tie.

It is quite acceptable for men to wear a short sleeve shirt & tie on formal nights.

Women as always can dress up (or down) however they like ~ there is no pressure to be in evening gowns ~ it is your choice ~ most wear after 5 / cocktail type dress ~ some wear long dresses ~ some evening slacks.

Whatever your comfortable in.

Unlike Oriana & Aurora, when they have a formal night it is sequins and jewels and hair done at the salon in the afternoon and men in black or white full dinner suits. They really go all out ~ but then they are on a world cruise for 3 months and every weeks they would have a formal night and they bring out the diamonds and pearls.

Just remember to relax and have fun ~ with what ever you wear.:D

Thanks for the info.

Yes... I have been on a 12 night Sapphire Princess cruise and it was expected of us to dress up.

Just didn't know if they would would bother with a formal night on a three day cruise.

I will be packing the minium amount of clothes so will take some black slacks and a few glitter tops for evening wear and leave the really formal wear at home.

Marleneann.

Formal night on our first cruise I was worried about wearing dresses etc but ended up wearing black pants with a lovely black top with diamontes on it and it looked nice. My daughters went dressed up in dresses and my hubby a suit but we felt a little out. It was a good night though and everyone dressed up that time. The 2nd formal night as we were on a 14 day cruise not many dressed up to be honest.

Formal night on our first cruise I was worried about wearing dresses etc but ended up wearing black pants with a lovely black top with diamontes on it and it looked nice. My daughters went dressed up in dresses and my hubby a suit but we felt a little out. It was a good night though and everyone dressed up that time. The 2nd formal night as we were on a 14 day cruise not many dressed up to be honest.

Anissa

When you say 'we felt a little out' do you mean you felt over or under dressed? Just wondering!:)

Archived