Has anyone sailed with Jolly Mon recently?

chamima

Alas, our favorite day sail out of St. Thomas with Kathleen aboard her beautiful sailboat Highpockets has been cancelled due to hurricane Irma destroying the boat.

She recommended Jolly Mon with her new owners Chuck and Jen but I can't find any reviews since about 2009 (with the old owners).

Has anyone sailed with them in the last couple of years?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Alas, our favorite day sail out of St. Thomas with Kathleen aboard her beautiful sailboat Highpockets has been cancelled due to hurricane Irma destroying the boat.

She recommended Jolly Mon with her new owners Chuck and Jen but I can't find any reviews since about 2009 (with the old owners).

Has anyone sailed with them in the last couple of years?

Thanks!

Hello I saw your posting a few weeks back and wanted to tell you we are going on the Jolly Mon with new owners Jennifer and Chuck who have been so helpful and enthusiastic to start up business on St. Thomas. We are arriving on the a cruise there very soon. We had a long road of flight changes, port changes, and hotel cancellations with plans changing by the day. So needless to say we were very happy to find this charter. We have been to St. Thomas in previous years and contacts that have boats that were damaged recommended Jolly Mon to us. So with that said we were very grateful for the recommendation and their assistance to work around things post hurricane.

Hope to report good times for you in a few weeks!

Hello I saw your posting a few weeks back and wanted to tell you we are going on the Jolly Mon with new owners Jennifer and Chuck who have been so helpful and enthusiastic to start up business on St. Thomas. We are arriving on the a cruise there very soon. We had a long road of flight changes, port changes, and hotel cancellations with plans changing by the day. So needless to say we were very happy to find this charter. We have been to St. Thomas in previous years and contacts that have boats that were damaged recommended Jolly Mon to us. So with that said we were very grateful for the recommendation and their assistance to work around things post hurricane.

Thanks!

I also went ahead and booked with them based on Kathleen's recommendation.

Jen was really, really nice in emails and on the phone and I expect we'll have a great day with them in early January.

I will also come back on here and post when e get back.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

As our trip is getting very close I'm excited to hear about your day with Jolly Mon.

Thanks!

Hi.

Just hoping to hear about your trip.

We sailed with Chuck & Jen on the Jolly Mon last week while in St. Thomas on the Oasis. They are super nice people and the private charter is definitely the way to go. We are a family of six and fit comfortably - there is both sun and shade. Jen made wonderful snacks and lunch (delicious drinks too) while Chuck is an excellent sailor. We thoroughly enjoyed spending the day with them. Snorkeling will take some time to improve post hurricane but there are still some fish to see ... no turtles at Buck Island/Turtle Cove on our trip. Smaller vessel than the Oasis (lol) so DD should have taken some dramamine sooner but once anchored water is flat. Some 500 boats sank in St. Thomas alone during Irma but lucky the Jolly Mon survived so don't hesitate to book a trip with them - moored at the main WICO dock so super easy if your ship is there.

• 2 weeks later...

This is review from our December sailing........

"We travelled on a cruise in December soon after ports of call had been reopened and shifted around due to hurricanes. Many charters were still recovering and we were recommended to contact Jen and Chuck from the Jolly Mon. After our first conversation I knew we made the right decision and were taken care of every step of the way.

We arrived in St. Thomas and they arranged Stewie to meet us at the port and taxi us to the Jolly Mon. He was so pleasant to deal with and very very prompt. Our trip was a trip to remember forever for my son who just adored sailing on the Jolly Mon and of course being spoiled rotten with food, drinks and fun in the sun!! We felt secure in their knowledge and experience with the island sites to go where we would be able to best enjoy ourselves without the swarms of other group tours. Jen and Chuck were so attentive and genuinely shared their passion with the waters and boating. We had so many things in common throughout our lives that I just knew it was the perfect fit for our family.

We have no doubt that as the island recoveries more and more throughout the months that the possibilities for Jolly Mon will be well received for all. Don't be nervous to book them while on a cruise on island stay.

Until next time Jolly Mon. May the force be with you and keep building those lego adventures:-)"

I am the OP and promised I'd come back on here and report.

We sailed with Chuck and Jen on Jolly Mon last week and I couldn't say enough good things about them and their hospitality.

Chuck met us in their dinghy in Havensight very close to where our ship docked.

We had an absolutely wonderful day sailing to Buck Island . They took care to let us know they specifically time their sail to be in between the big cruise ship snorkels. We were all pretty lazy that day so only our daughter snorkeled but she said the fish were amazing and Chuck even gave her a card to snorkel with to identify which fish she saw.

My husband is a vegan and they went out of their way to find a fabulous vegan chef on the island to make his lunch. Even the non vegans on the trip thought it was delicious. We have taken many, many sail excursions and no one has ever taken this much care to make sure he has a delicious and nutritious meal.

After lunch we spent the rest of the afternoon up front on the boat on the large cushions Jen has made drinking her delicious rum punches as we sailed back to Havensight.

If you're going to be in St. Thomas don't hesitate to book Jolly Mon!