Cruise Critic on U by Uniworld

Cruise Critic Chris

• Members

I’m on The B, sailing the Seine and checking out the U by Uniworld experience. I’ve been on a few days already and have a few observations:

*Definitely not Millennial-only - passengers are a wide range of ages (for the record, i am a Gen Xer at 49). There are a lot of agents on our sailing, however, as well as passengers who were transferred to our ship from The A, which is having problems with low water.

*Love the late mornings, late nights and very casual onboard atmosphere. 92252880d1fa26d2837fdcef02f8480f.jpg

*Two meals are served daily; the implication is that you’ll eat lunch in town or grab a quick bite during the excursion. The meals are both buffet but the food is very fresh and tasty.

*It takes some adjustment to go paperless - I really like having a paper schedule to refer to. That being said, the whatsapp group works just fine.

*I also really like the modern decor - it’s more like a hip hotel than a riverboat. The photos of the celebrities are a little much - if you’re older, you might not know who they are - but all in all, the transformation is pretty cool.

Let me know if you have any questions about this new cruise line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the great review. We are sailing on a U by Uniworld cruise in a few days. Just a few questions:

What was the overall cost of the excursions? I called Uniworld and they gave me a range, but were not able to give me specifics.

What were the drink prices on board? Trying to see if the drink package is worth it or if I should just pay as I feel like I need a drink.

• Members

Hi - I have a just-launched full review of The B as well that you might want to read. On their own, the drinks range from 8 euro to 10 euro. The package is $299.

Here's the list of excursion costs. The ones that are underlined are ones that DIDN"T run on our trip, either because not enough people signed up or because of another reason (the catacomb people are on strike).

Van Gogh

$ 186

Normandy Beaches

$ 241

Cliffs of Étretat

$ 219

Kayak the Seine

$ 77

Monet's Gardens

$ 39

Lady Marmalade

$ 153

Parisian cuisine

$ 72

The Louvre

$ 83

Street Art Walk

$ 87

Retro bike tour St. Germain des Pres

$ 98

Paris Catacombs

$ 43

The excursions that got the best response on our cruise were the retro bike tour, the kayaking, Monet's Gardens and Lady Marmalade. The D Day trip was not worth the cost, IMHO.