Boston Land Tour

SPNJHockey

Has anyone done the tour named "American Presidents" while in Boston?

The brochure and website show it's a 4-hr duration, but takes 1 3/4 hours to get there. The time aren't making sense. Thx!

I don't know the tour but if it goes to Quincy where the Adams Park is located then time may make sense. Quincy is just south of Boston but the traffic can be horrendous and can take a long time in travel. There and return can easily be that long.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It goes to the Kennedy Museum and the Adam's residence.

In my opinion, the Kennedy Museum is worth the trip. The Adam's Museum is good if you're already an Adam's fan. Otherwise it's not that interesting. You can get to the Kennedy Museum via public transportation.

While off-topic: Do not waste time going to see Plymouth Rock. It is probably the most disappointing of all historical sites. Last summer I was driving some friends down to Cape Cod and they wanted to see the rock. I tried to talk them out of it even though we were passing through Plymouth. After the viewing, they all agreed it was not worth the 8 minute detour. Need I say more.

It goes to the Kennedy Museum and the Adam's residence.

In my opinion, the Kennedy Museum is worth the trip. The Adam's Museum is good if you're already an Adam's fan. Otherwise it's not that interesting. You can get to the Kennedy Museum via public transportation.

While off-topic: Do not waste time going to see Plymouth Rock. It is probably the most disappointing of all historical sites. Last summer I was driving some friends down to Cape Cod and they wanted to see the rock. I tried to talk them out of it even though we were passing through Plymouth. After the viewing, they all agreed it was not worth the 8 minute detour. Need I say more.

If you're interested in the formation and history of the U S, the Adams National Park is a must visit. It contains the birth homes of two American Presidents. There is no comparison in the contribution to American History between Kennedy and Adams. And I love the Kennedy Family.

If You only visit Plymouth Rock it is a waste of time. However Plymouth is also of great history. Walk the streets of the town and see some of the oldest and beautiful homes of early America.

I

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If it is a 4-hr. trip and you spend almost 2 hrs. on the coach you know how much time you'll get to visit each museum.

A similar trip was offered years ago when I was in Boston on the Grand Princess. I really wanted to see the Kennedy Library. I opted instead to take a taxi from the Black Falcon Terminal there, toured it at my leisure which took a whole morning, had lunch in their café and then took a taxi back to the ship. It cost me about $10.00 more than the shore excursion. To me it was worth it because I had always wanted to see exactly what a Presidential Library is all about.