Julia Child

saltydog28

Hi to All...

As a professional chef, I remember her shows as I was growing up. She was a simple farm girl from the midwest BUT had BIG ideas and passion. I will miss this GRAND DAME, who always preferred a good beer to a good wine and always stayed True to herself. Rest in peace dear lady :).....Dennis

The foodies' and chef's board I'm also on has many moving tributes. She really knew how to live and enjoy life.

(ChefAjax, I will respectfully remind you that Julia was from Pasadena and was, therefore, a California girl! :D)

Sorry, my bad!!! :( She was born in Pasadena, back when it was farmland. Thought that she had lived in the midwest at some time. My memory is getting bad. As a new recipe goes in my head, something goes out. Thats probably why I can't remember to take out the trash on Sunday night?......OHHHHH IT IS Sunday...Got to go.....Dennis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was so saddened to hear that Julie Child had passed away. One of my fondest memories as a child was snuggling up in bed with my mom watching the French Chef at night. My mom passed away three months ago and hearing about Julia Child brought the memory flooding back again.

Archived