Tahiti Internet Access

pennstatefan

Does anyone know how expensive/reliable the public internet access is on the Radisson Paul Gaugin? I may have to do some work while on board (a few minutes a day icon_frown.gif ), and I want to make sure I can access regular emails, web pages, WORD, EXCEL, etc.

How about the availability of public internet cafes on the various Tahiti ports? Again, how expensive/reliable are they?

Any other advice on internet access in Tahiti in general (like on Bora Bora or Moorea hotels)?

Thanks!

I can't help you with the Gaugin question, but the Moon Handbook for Tahiti states that there are Internet cafes on all of the main islands (the book lists names, addresses, hours, and rates for each cafe) with the rates all around 250 CFP per 15 minutes (about $10 an hour). The speed will be close to standard dial up but the keyboards are "French" style, so you will need to do a bit of "hunt and peck" typing.

I'm not sure about the availability of Excel or Word. You will be able to access any web-based email clients (Hotmail, Yahoo, etc) and most ISPs offer some form of alternate web-based email. I would not count on being able to VPN into your corporate network due to the slow connections.

Archived