Moorea advice needed

laurieb

We are planning to stay on Moorea a couple days post cruise in January. I have narrowed our choices down to Pension Motu Iti and Residence Linareva. Has anyone seen or stayed at either one of these? Thankyou for any input!

Laurie

Zenith 02/01

Century 01/02

Century 02/02

Tahitian Princess 01/03

Century 01/04

Tahitian Princess 01/05

We are planning to stay on Moorea a couple days post cruise in January. I have narrowed our choices down to Pension Motu Iti and Residence Linareva. Has anyone seen or stayed at either one of these? Thankyou for any input!

Laurie

Hi Laurie. We haven’t been yet (67 days and counting) but we are booked for three nights at the Pension Linareva. Here’s some of the information that I have on Linareva:

Website: www.linareva.com This site has some nice pictures of the bungalows along with rates. What’s nice is the little pop-up map that shows how far you are from the beach. We booked the Copacabana bungalow.

We were able to book directly through the website. One caveat: they do require a deposit upon reservation, which is non-refundable. Ours was about $150. If you decide to cancel or book another hotel, you will lose the deposit. The following is the response email (some personal info deleted):

Ia Orana,

We thank you for your deposit of: 15.000 CFP charged today on your Visa credit card. Your reservation has been confirmed.

Check-in time: 01:00 pm ; Reception located on our floating-restaurant and we kindly ask you to print and present this confirmation of reservation upon arrival

Sincerely,

Name=###########

Check-in day =Wednesday

Check-in at 01:00 p.m., the =25

Check-in month =August

Check-in year =2004

Check-out day =Saturday

Check-out at 11:00 a.m., the =28

Check-out month =August

Check-out year =2004

Type of accommodation =Beach studio (nr 4 on web site Copacabana)

Number of persons =2

Total of nights= 3

At the price of:= 13.500 CFP per night for 2 persons ; VAT included in accomodation price ; +50 CFP local tax per person, per night

Petit déjeuner=non

Message=Deposit:

(CC INFO DELETED FOR YOUR SECURITY)

How did you find LINAREVA ?=recommended through cruisecritic.com

RESERVATION TERMS:

Children under 2 years free of charge. Cots available. Discounts available according to season and length of stay. A deposit is required on reservation, the amount varying according to length of stay. We accept Visa and Mastercard. Please send an email or signed fax authorizing payment of the deposit, with the complete name of the cardholder, number of the card and date of expiry and confirmation of your arrival and departure dates.

Cancellation Conditions

The deposit is non-refundable in case of cancellation or change in dates of the entire stay. A cancellation fee of one night will be charged in case of later arrival or earlier departure than the dates confirmed

Some posts about the pension:

Tahiti-Explorer Board

Pix of La Bateau (Floating Restaurant)

Some Pix (German)

That’s about all I have. I will be back from the islands in September and will be sure to post a comprehensive review and pictures.

I hope that this helps.

-lprynne

thanks for the response. I am looking forward to hearing all about your stay.

Laurie

Zenith 02/01

Century 01/02

Century 02/02

Tahitian Princess 01/03

Century 01/04

Tahitian Princess 01/05

Laurie,

Another suggestion is the Moorea Village. We will be staying there in August post-cruise.It was mentioned several times on CC. The beach bungalows are said to have spectacular sunset views. I'll let you know when we come home. You can also see pictures on their website and on another message board, I'm not sure if I can mention the name on this board. I just noticed lyprynne mentioned the name above. It's the TE site, if you go into the photo section you will see all kinds of photos of the Moorea Village.

8/15 Back to Paradise on the Tahitian Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Archived