Date Rape Case - ship swapping?

Skyrules

Just saw this on au.yahoo.com

A Sydney coroner and her investigative team boarded a ship identical to the cruise liner Pacific Sky where Brisbane mother Dianne Brimble was found dead.

Ms Brimble, 42, was found dead in a cabin on the Pacific Sky less than 24 hours after boarding the ship with family and friends on September 23, 2002.

Police allege she had been given a lethal dose of the date rape drug gamma-hydroxybutyrate, also known as fantasy, before being sexually assaulted.

Deputy State Coroner Jacqueline Milledge, counsel assisting the coroner, and several police officers were ushered past passengers waiting to board the sister ship, Pacific Sun, for a P&O cruise to New Caledonia that departs on Monday evening.

While on board, Ms Milledge will inspect a cabin similar to the one where Ms Brimble's body was found.

The inquest was to resume hearings at 2.30pm (AEDT) on Monday.

Hi Kim,

The Courier Mail must have deleted the story as the link is dead.

Only 5 more sleeps until we sail away, hopefully we don't run into any bad weather!

Have you started packing yet?

Alison.

It's exciting now isn't!! We were a little bit worried that they were going to try and sail Pacific Star through the cyclone, but that doesn't appear to have happened - so she should be safely back in Brisbane on Saturday morning ready for us to join her.

Am I right in remembering that you're from Brisbane too?? What time were you planning to get to Roma St??? We hope to get there by 8. If they do it the same way they did it when we went on Pacific Sky, they issue bus tickets when you check in - so the earlier you check in at Roma St the earlier you are on a bus out to Pinkenba and on board the ship.

No, we haven't started packing yet, apart from organising the camera case and getting our toiletries while we were shopping at the weekend. My parent's, who are travelling with us, fly up to Brisbane on Wednesday, but I think my Dad's been packing for the last week in anticipation.

Kym

Hi Kim,

Yes I live in Brisbane and we are planning to arrive at Roma St no later than 8am to avoid the rush as well. I'm taking the family this time so the sooner we board the ship the better.

I have started to pack the basics and trying to remember everything we will need.

I might run into you on board, if I don't see you have a great trip we will have to compare reviews when we return.

Alison.

Hi Kim,

Yes I live in Brisbane and we are planning to arrive at Roma St no later than 8am to avoid the rush as well. I'm taking the family this time so the sooner we board the ship the better.

I have started to pack the basics and trying to remember everything we will need.

I might run into you on board, if I don't see you have a great trip we will have to compare reviews when we return.

Alison.

What deck are you on Alison?? We're on Caribe Deck (Deck 5).

Kym

Hi Kim,

I just checked my info on the P&O site and they have upgraded us to Aloha #7093. I think they moved us closer to the kids club because we are taking the kids.

I just hope it's not to noisey.

Alison.

WOW, lucky you. I might check ours.

Back - just checked ours, still the same ;(

Kym

Archived