Port Everglades Terminal 29 impressions

audome78

I sailed on Freedom of the Seas last week, and ailed from T29 in Port Everglades for the first time. Here are a few random thoughts regarding that experience.

1. There is no convenient on port parking to this terminal. You can park at the Midport garage, but you still have to take a shuttle to the terminal. That being the case, I used Park-N-Go on Eller Drive.

2. Park-N- Go worked well. They have a very efficient operation. NOTE: for this cruise, we DID have to leave our keys for the car, so they could move it as necessary. Upon our return the driver took us right to our car and we loaded up the car and we were gone.

3. T29 itself is older, and substantially smaller than other terminals. As such, they seem to move you thru very quickly, as there isn't a very large waiting area. We arrived about 10:30 and they started calling for boarding just a few minutes later.

4. A pleasant surprise....the boarding ramp is the old style, airport ramp. It was a short, straight shot to the ship, not the longer, back and forth, ramps at other terminals.

5. Disembarkation was very smooth. Port Everglades is one of a few ( maybe the ONLY) ports that uses the Mobile Passport App. There was literally no one in that line and we breezed right thru. Literally 5 minutes off the ship, collecting luggage, and onto the shuttle. When sailing from PE, I would HIGHLY recommend using the app.

5. I DID notice that there were NO porters at disembarkation, so I wouldn't plan on using one if you have a lot of luggage. I normally do use them at disembarkation, as it seems to speed the process up, but there were none to be found.

Overall, it was a great experience, and a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...