which 3 Hotels

2Xtraveler

We're coming to NOLA pre-cruise at end of June. (2adults,1 preteen) So far I've narrowed Hotel choices to 3. Hampton Inn Downtown Convention Center, Country Inn and Suites French Quarter, and Drury Inn. I was wondering if anyone had any pros/cons for each. I like the breakfasts and snacks for free, and shuttle service to port (Hampton offers), but we're still not sure which to choose. Any thoughts? Thanks for any suggestions.

Just a few thoughts:

Drury - solid choice but I wouldn't base my decision on the free snacks and food. Other may disagree but we find the food horrible. It was the cheapest, oddest combination of food and feel like the breakfast made my husband sick one day. Since you are in New Orleans, you will really want to try out the local food scene. That is a big part of a visit to New Orleans!

Hampton Inn Downtown Convention - ideal location to the port. Very close and out of the FQ so no concern about noise.

Country Inn and Suites French Quarter - Ideal location in regards to being the most central and able to walk to FQ and Street Car line that runs on Canal St, which will bring you to the Garden District if you decide to go there.

It all depends on what is most important to you. For our family, it is ideal location and for us, we would choose Country Inn.

Edited by World Gallery