Excursion questions

Hobbes67

We are taking our daughter and her family on a Princess cruise in June. We will be going to Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan. They are interested in doing the helicopter and dog sledding as well as ziplining. Can any recommend an excursion for each of this and which ports? I told them I thought I heard Bear Creek Zipling in Ketchikan was good but we are certainly open for suggestions.

We did the zipline at Ketchikan in May '16. We had a great time. The company that has the Bear Creek Zipline is Alaska Canopy Adventures. They have two courses at their location: "Bear Creek Zipline" and "Rainforest Canopy and Zipline". They are slightly different. At the time I booked our trip the Rainforest Canopy was described as for more experienced zipliners. When I inquired about what the difference really was I was told a person's ability/experience doesn't matter. The difference is someone who has ziplined before might not be as nervous as a newby. The Bear Creek course has lower and shorter runs than the Rainforest Canopy. I had never ziplined before and bit the bullet - we did the Rainforest Canopy. WOW! Very fun! The Rainforest Canopy has some suspension bridges everyone walks across too, which added to the adventure. I was scared to death the first line or two but by the end I could have immediately went through the course again. FYI: If you have people in your group who aren't interested in the zipline (scared?) they also have a nature walk where their feet can stay on the ground. We rode back to the dock with two ladies who had done the nature walk. I would give this excursion two thumbs up! Have fun!