Skywalk question

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:27 AM.
#1
Sun City West, AZ
593 Posts
Joined Aug 2001
We are taking the Sky Walk in the forest. Do we need long pants of can we go with walking shorts?

Our cruise is in 5 weeks.
#2
175 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
We all wore light weight long pants and we used insect repellent. None of us had an problems with bugs but others on our tour were swatting around their legs quite frequently.

Lori
#3
East central part of IL USA
1,110 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
We are thinking of doing this excursion in May. It is offered in both the morning and afternoon. Which would be better, heat and humidity and bug wise? Also, we have an 8 year old with us. How strenuous is the walk? Thanks in advance for your help.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cindy ^j^ ^j^ ^j^



Caribbean-Carnival Destiny 1-24-2011 Cabin 7250
'Round the Horn-Carnival Splendor 2-17-2009 Cabin 9296
Transatlantic Crossing-Carnival Freedom 11-6-2008 Cabin 8455 (Aft Wrap Balcony)
Panama Canal Crossing-Elation 5-12-2007 Cabin U83 (First Balcony)
Bahamas-Sovereign of the Seas 3-31-2006
Singing at Sea Cruise (Grand Cayman/Cozumel) Jubilee 6-10-2002 Cabin M94
Alaska Tour and Southbound Inside Passage-Jubilee 6-2-1999 Cabin U70
Western Caribbean-Imagination 10-4-1997 Cabin U158
Eastern Caribbean-Carnival Destiny 1-19-1997 Cabin 1009
Bahamas-S.S. Dolphin IV 3-24-95 Stateroom 301-2
#4
east coast
4,697 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Originally posted by CruisinCindy55
We are thinking of doing this excursion in May. It is offered in both the morning and afternoon. Which would be better, heat and humidity and bug wise? Also, we have an 8 year old with us. How strenuous is the walk? Thanks in advance for your help.
If you are asking about the rainforest jitney ride and skywalk out of Limon, it is not at all strenuous...the actual skywalk part was rather short (and not really all that high off the ground) and most of the time was spent in the tractor-pulled carts. We went in the afternoon, but it was not unbearably hot or humid (and we are from MN), although the morning is probably better for wildlife (we did the tortuguero canal in the morning, and that was excellent...)
Both my 83 yo mother and 3 children enjoyed the excursion (especially my 8 yo son, who loved the colorful poisen dart frogs, lizards, and sloths). The older kids would probably have opted to do the zip-lining excursion instead (this was taking place in the same general area as the Jitney ride/skywalk excursion, and every now and then we would see the zip liners sliding overhead). Overall, this was an a fairly relaxing and rahter interesting excursion, and we enjoyed our time in the rainforest -- not fast-paced excitement, but a great way to spend an afternoon in costa rica, especially if you enjoy nature.
#5
East central part of IL USA
1,110 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Originally posted by whale-watcher
If you are asking about the rainforest jitney ride and skywalk out of Limon, it is not at all strenuous...the actual skywalk part was rather short (and not really all that high off the ground) and most of the time was spent in the tractor-pulled carts. We went in the afternoon, but it was not unbearably hot or humid (and we are from MN), although the morning is probably better for wildlife (we did the tortuguero canal in the morning, and that was excellent...)
Both my 83 yo mother and 3 children enjoyed the excursion (especially my 8 yo son, who loved the colorful poisen dart frogs, lizards, and sloths). The older kids would probably have opted to do the zip-lining excursion instead (this was taking place in the same general area as the Jitney ride/skywalk excursion, and every now and then we would see the zip liners sliding overhead). Overall, this was an a fairly relaxing and rahter interesting excursion, and we enjoyed our time in the rainforest -- not fast-paced excitement, but a great way to spend an afternoon in costa rica, especially if you enjoy nature.
Actually, we will be in Puntarena. They say the excursion takes 4.5 hours and it's an hour drive to the area of national parks and protected forest. Hike for 1 1/2 hour downhill walk over trails and cable bridges over some of the wonders of the tropical forest. So, I'm not sure if it is the same as your tour or not. I appreciate the info and your time. I hope we get to see that much wildlife. We have an 8 year old with us and I'm sure that would be a blast. Thanks again. I've already booked the morning tour.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cindy ^j^ ^j^ ^j^



Caribbean-Carnival Destiny 1-24-2011 Cabin 7250
'Round the Horn-Carnival Splendor 2-17-2009 Cabin 9296
Transatlantic Crossing-Carnival Freedom 11-6-2008 Cabin 8455 (Aft Wrap Balcony)
Panama Canal Crossing-Elation 5-12-2007 Cabin U83 (First Balcony)
Bahamas-Sovereign of the Seas 3-31-2006
Singing at Sea Cruise (Grand Cayman/Cozumel) Jubilee 6-10-2002 Cabin M94
Alaska Tour and Southbound Inside Passage-Jubilee 6-2-1999 Cabin U70
Western Caribbean-Imagination 10-4-1997 Cabin U158
Eastern Caribbean-Carnival Destiny 1-19-1997 Cabin 1009
Bahamas-S.S. Dolphin IV 3-24-95 Stateroom 301-2
#6
east coast
4,697 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Originally posted by CruisinCindy55
Actually, we will be in Puntarena. They say the excursion takes 4.5 hours and it's an hour drive to the area of national parks and protected forest. Hike for 1 1/2 hour downhill walk over trails and cable bridges over some of the wonders of the tropical forest. So, I'm not sure if it is the same as your tour or not. I appreciate the info and your time. I hope we get to see that much wildlife. We have an 8 year old with us and I'm sure that would be a blast. Thanks again. I've already booked the morning tour.
Wow...your tour sounds great...that is what we had expected our tour to be like. If your 8 year old is anything like mine, then swinging cable bridges will be a big hit!!
#7
East central part of IL USA
1,110 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Originally posted by whale-watcher
Wow...your tour sounds great...that is what we had expected our tour to be like. If your 8 year old is anything like mine, then swinging cable bridges will be a big hit!!
I'll let you know how it is, but I'm hoping it doesn't SWING. LOL I want tight cables. Yep, chicken.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cindy ^j^ ^j^ ^j^



Caribbean-Carnival Destiny 1-24-2011 Cabin 7250
'Round the Horn-Carnival Splendor 2-17-2009 Cabin 9296
Transatlantic Crossing-Carnival Freedom 11-6-2008 Cabin 8455 (Aft Wrap Balcony)
Panama Canal Crossing-Elation 5-12-2007 Cabin U83 (First Balcony)
Bahamas-Sovereign of the Seas 3-31-2006
Singing at Sea Cruise (Grand Cayman/Cozumel) Jubilee 6-10-2002 Cabin M94
Alaska Tour and Southbound Inside Passage-Jubilee 6-2-1999 Cabin U70
Western Caribbean-Imagination 10-4-1997 Cabin U158
Eastern Caribbean-Carnival Destiny 1-19-1997 Cabin 1009
Bahamas-S.S. Dolphin IV 3-24-95 Stateroom 301-2