Internet on Pacific Sky cruise ????

olympin

Hi Olympin,

Yes they do. When we sailed in July last year, I believe it was $15 for 1 hour. You bought a card from the pursers desk and it had a code on it. Each time you used a computer (located in the Library on L9) you entered the code and it had a timer showing how much time you had left.

I have just been on the Sky and used the internet. The $15 counts down fairly fast but is a good way to keep in touch with home. Sometimes only 1 or 2 machines will be working, but people are usually pretty good about hurrying up and not hogging the putes. Last year they had the wet wipes for your hands to use but didn't this year, so I always made sure I washed my hands straight away after using the keyboards, because people sneeze and cough over them. I used email and kept in touch with a farming web site I follow.

Thats a relief was looking at taking my cellphone using global roaming for contacting a mate in Suva when we arrived in port but the Rates are highway robbery so will leave it at home.

Happy to see the ship is not such a Lemon .

Only 4 shifts left for me before Cruise Yahoo

Oh yes rockie whats the storie on board with video's in the cabin for the kids . I here theres some sort of card also?

Any recomendations for Duty Free. Grog etc

Are prices on last day better than at home.

Thanks

You can buy a video card. Don't know what the cost is but I think you can get a daily one or a whole cruise one.

I also looked into doing the roaming thing with the phone, but would have had to get a loan one which is free but the calls are horrendous, so did the internet thing and left the ship and P&O contact ph numbers with the family in case they needed to contact us in a hurry.

Don't think the prices come down on the last day as they load up straight away with more passengers.

We really like this ship and are sad that after the summer it won't be coming down here, they are sending the Star. We don't really bother with duty free as we aren't great drinkers really. Some people took booze on to have in their cabins, but I don't see the point in this, who wants to spend their time drinking on their own in the cabins when there is so much to see and so much to do and you get to meet other families in the bars and lounges. I am so hooked on cruising now I am already having withdrawal symptoms and can't wait to book the next one.

Archived