Tender boat question/cruise card question

rick0888

Quick question. We are going on our first cruise april 15th, if we are on an island and want to get back to the ship during the day, do the tender boats run frequently? or only at the end? thanks.

ALso, in Noumea, is the glass bottom boat tour good? Anyone been on it?

WIth the cruise card on Pacific star, if i dont have a credit card only cash, does this mean the bill keeps accumulating and i pay at the end? or can i put a limit on my cruise card so when my limit is up i can put more money on it? or doesnt it work like this.

thanks all :-)

Hi Rick

From previous experience with the tenders they come and go quite frequently to and from the ship.

Alot of people just put cash on their cruise card and topped it up when they needed to. If you have any money owing your name will be called on disembarking morning to go to the pursers and pay the owing amount.

Hope that helps

My understanding of the cruise card system is that if you don't have a card linked then you put cash on as you go. We used a credit card. You don't get a balance on the receipt like you do on the Sun and Sky- at least if you used credit. I guess you would have to ask at the pursers desk what money you have available.

Something happened to the "linking" on a friends card and after about 3 days she couldn't buy anything. Turned out that no credit card was registered and she was in arrears. Fixed that up quickly.

Archived