Rental Car at Pier

bremmerh

Was in St. Maartin a couple of weeks ago. Did not have a reservation when we got there. you just go to the information booth at the end of the pier and they will direct you around the corner where there is a group of about 6 or 7 rental cars there. we rented a 4 door car for 45.00 bucks. well worth it. We drove all around the airport and to alot of the beaches. no problem getting lost or any problems with traffic. let me know if you need any more info. have a great time

Did you notice if they had scooter rentals near the Philipsburg pier at all? Or at any of the car rental agencies?

Days till Caribbean Princess 12/4/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

• 3 weeks later...
if I recall correctly from last week, there were four companies right at the dock - Hertz, Budget and two locals. We had booked Budget in advance, but it turns out that we were the only ones with an advance reservation - the point being that advance reservations were not necessary at this time of year. In fact, we were approached by several people who were attempting to steer us to particular agencies. We paid $65 for a pretty new 4 door corolla, which may have been too much. It appeared to me that the agencies did not have much business and were willing to negotiate, but we honored our advance reservation

• 5 weeks later...
[quote name='kal']Pricing Guideline:

Between April 15th and Thanksgiving, you should not pay more than $150 to rent a 4 door Corolla for a WEEK.[/QUOTE]Do you think there would be a problem getting a car without a reservation on Oct 8th? I would assume this is low season since it is hurricane season. Are their rates better or worse by walkup when it is slow? Thanks.

There will probably be lots of availability pierside, but you might not get the best price. I would tend to negotiate the best deal in advance, making sure you are with a reliable agency. Don't make an advance deposit. Therefore, you can verify current pricing from other vendors when you arrive then use that information to get a price match with the advance reservation agency.

• 2 weeks later...
And be careful when you make your reservation. I made mine by ship time (what time they said we'd dock) which was an hour "later" than island time, so by the time I went to get the car I reserved, they had figured me as a no-show and rented my car to someone else (this was Budget ..... I think) and of course then they only had ONE car left that cost me double what I had reserved for..........this time (12/24 on the Legend) I think I'll take a tour.
By the way..............it took 3-1/2 hours and an 1/8 of atank of gas to drive the whole island.
Lorna

• 2 weeks later...
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]You should try [/size][/font][url="http://www.arthurscarrental.com/"][font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#800080]www.arthurscarrental.com[/color][/size][/font][/url][size=3][font=Times New Roman] these guy’s pick you up at the port.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]They also have scooters and you don’t need a credit card. And no deposit[/font][/size]

I just made a reservation with Arthur for a scooter, $40 for an all-day rental. I gave him my cc # to reserve it though. He is VERY prompt in returning emails...within hours each time. He gave us a # to call when we get off the ship and he said he will come pick us up and drop us off when we are finished. His office is near the pier but not walking distance. :)

Archived