Recent Rental Car info at Port?? Help!

beverland

We will be in St. Martin Sept. 9th and want to rent a car at the pier.

Has anyone rented a car at the pier recently?

What did you rent? Who did you rent from? What was the total costs, including insurance, etc.?

I have looked at several of the local websites, but can't tell if they are at the pier or not. Who is a reliable source for rental.

I had a problem getting info and reserving Hertz and Budget on-line. They keep asking me for airport info.

Our plan is to drive to Sint Maarten & do Orient Beach, too. We have all day in port - 7 am to 6 pm. What time would we need to leave Orient Beach to insure we're back at the ship on time?

I know I have a lot of ?'s. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. :)

I rented a car from Best Deal car rental at the pier on Friday (8/13). The prices quoted were $60 for a Toyota Corolla or $80 for a Mitsubishi "station wagon" with three rows of seats, really more like a mini-van. We opted for the latter since we had a group of five and could not comfortably seat three people in the back seat of the Corolla. Insurance was quoted at $15. There were at least two other car rental agencies there near the pier; one was Hertz, and I think the other was Budget. We did not make any reservations but had representatives of all three agencies actively seeking our business as soon as we approached the car rental building.

Please be careful driving around St. Maarten/St. Martin. Unfortunately I only had my rental car for an hour before I was involved in an accident -- my car was hit by a load of cinder blocks that came flying off of a tractor-trailer that had lost its brakes coming down Cole Bay Hill. (See the discussion under the Scooter rental topic for a photo of the accident scene.)

Archived