Adventure Nov 18th flight times/hotel

We are sailing on Adventure November 18th 2017.

We are currently booked on Southwest to fly into SJU - our Southwest flight is scheduled to arrive at 12:45pm.

However, I am wondering if we would be better off flying in on the 17th and booking a hotel for the night before.

Also, our return flight on the 25th is at 11AM - do you think we'll have any issues making that flight on time??

Thanks for the advice

We always try to arrive at least the day before the cruise, but I understand the hotel situation is difficult in San Juan right now. If you do decide to arrive a day (or more) before the cruise, I suggest you contact the hotel directly to confirm reservations. People have been reporting information disconnect between the corporate website and the local hotel.

We are sailing on Adventure November 18th 2017.

We are currently booked on Southwest to fly into SJU - our Southwest flight is scheduled to arrive at 12:45pm.

However, I am wondering if we would be better off flying in on the 17th and booking a hotel for the night before.

Also, our return flight on the 25th is at 11AM - do you think we'll have any issues making that flight on time??

Thanks for the advice

We're on that sailing as well. Normally flying in a day before is the safer bet, but in this case you're going to have a hard time finding a hotel room. If you decide to fly in a day earlier, speak to someone at the hotel first and confirm you have a room before you change the flight. That said, barring any weather or equipment related delays you should be fine to arrive the day of embarkation at 12:45pm.

The one I'd change is the 11am departure on the way home. Assuming no ship related delays, the ship clears customs in a reasonable time, and you have a low disembarkation number (or do self disembarkation) then you'll be fine.

FYI. If you've not sailed out of puerto rico before, arriving at the airport after the sailing you will have to put your luggage through a agriculture scanner and get a sticker on each bag before you check in with the airline. Just an extra step to you may not know about that adds a little more time.