San Pedro ( What to do before/after)

Our flight gets in at 8am and we dont have to get on the ship till 4pm . I was wondering if anyone could please inform me of something to do in this area .

Then also what type of rental car / transportation could we arrange . With out going back to the airport to drop it off

Please email me or repsond quick (because we leave soon )

Hi there, what airport will you be arriving at?
I know there is an Enterprise rent a car very close to the San Pedro pier. As far as what to do?? this is Los Angeles*** We've got so many things available. What do you have an interest in I'll check out my AAA guide. Winnie

We will be flying in on Sunday May 16th into the LAX airport .

We have no clue what the options are even to do. One thing i have heard of was some type of market that there was in L.A .( i dont know much about it though ). I thought maybe it would be fun also to see hollywood area . I dont know any suggestions or ideas ?

Hi there, I bet you're excited about your cruise. You will be arriving here very soon. I have my AAA guidebook out valid thru 01/02 but is has lots of things for you to do. The market you mentioned is the LA Farmers market. their address is 6333 W Third St at Fairfax Av. consists of more than 75 merchants. Sunday hours 10-5p in May. It is listed in the starred attractions of things to do and see. A starred attraction in Hollywood is Mann's Chinese theatre.Address:6925 Hollywood Blvd. There are a number of Hollywood stars footprints there. I believe the Enterprise rent a car I mentioned is closed on Sundays. Let me know if you need additional information. There are so many things to do in the Los Angeles area. I might suggest you consider either the Queen Mary tour or visit the Aquarium of the Pacific. Both of them are located here in Long Beach. I've got pages and pages of info here. I hope this helps. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Winnie

Hi there, here you go. The Queen Mary's web site [url="http://www.queenmary.com"]www.queenmary.com[/url]. No time for the tour they have a great Sunday buffet.
For the Aquarium of the Pacific their website is [url="http://www.aquariumofpacific.org"]www.aquariumofpacific.org[/url]. For Mann's Chinese Theatre :[url]www.seeing-stars.com/Theatres/ChineseTheatre.shtml[/url].
For the LA Farmer's market:[url]www.farmersmarketla.com[/url].
Let me know if you need more information. Sorry I hadn't thought of send those web addresses earlier. Winnie

That is some great information . Anything else you can think it would be greatly welcomed .

We will be back in that area then 2 days after the cruise. So any suggestions would be nice also. Also is it hard to do T.V aud tickets ?

Hi there, with 2 extra days on your trip you'll be able to have a great time. As far a getting tickets for tv, I really don't know it's not something I have an interest in. Here is a note about TV studio tickets but they do suggest 2 months in advance but you may want to give them a call. Again my AAa guide says "Audiences Unlimited Ticket line may provide additional information their number is (818)506-0067.
You may be inteested in going to the Universal studios Hollywood. I've been there and I do think it was allot of fun. I went several years ago with my brother and his family. their web address is
[url="http://www.Universalstudios.com"]www.Universalstudios.com[/url]
Again I hope this helps there is so very much to do here in the LA area. Winnie

Here is a web link for LA: check out Yahoo local city guide. It's got lots of information about what will be going on when you're in town. [url="http://www.yahoo.com"]www.yahoo.com[/url] and go to LA local guide. I hope that gives you lots of information for a great trip during your stay here in Southern California. Winnie

thanks alot for the suggestions. Now question for overnight stay . I was thinking West Hollywood area . Would you suggest different area to stay ?

Also we still havent found any mode of transportation from LAX to the boat if we want to rent a car

Hi there, your time is getting short, I know you must be very excited about your journey.

I don't know have an answer for you as to staying in West LA. It's probably been 30 years since I've been there. Sorry I can't help you.

You may want to take a shuttle to the port from the airport. In San Pedro I took my sister for brunch before her cruise to "Ports of Call Village" It is very close to the pier and you may enjoy that before your cruise.
I hope this helps. We've been have beautiful spring weather. I hope you have a great trip. Winnie

• 3 weeks later...

Archived