Does the left hand know what the right hand is doing?

digitl

After first accepting bookings for their February 2014 Antarctic 'Polar Circle Expedition' and then cancelling it as they had accepted a charter, they have now cancelled the included tour of the Ushuaia National Park on the January 2014 sailing and replaced it with a tour of Ushuaia! There's no comparison between a tour of the Park and what amounts to a trip into town.

They really do need to get their act together.

Buyer beware!

After first accepting bookings for their February 2014 Antarctic 'Polar Circle Expedition' and then cancelling it as they had accepted a charter, they have now cancelled the included tour of the Ushuaia National Park on the January 2014 sailing and replaced it with a tour of Ushuaia! There's no comparison between a tour of the Park and what amounts to a trip into town.

They really do need to get their act together.

Buyer beware!

That is disappointing, as we are on the Jan 2014 sailing. There are a lot of changes since our 2010 trip, no more hotels before or after the trip, and maybe some transfers are not included, not to mention the pricing is up quite a bit.

I wish they would offer their charter flights to Usuhaia a couple of days before/after the sailing as there is a lot to explore in that area but no time to do it since we fly in the day of the sailing.

RonC

There are a lot of changes since our 2010 trip, no more hotels before or after the trip, and maybe some transfers are not included, not to mention the pricing is up quite a bit.

I hadn't spotted the missing hotel nights, though I can't say I would miss the Emperador. Presumably they will want passengers to meet at the airport rather than bus them there from the hotel. A recipe for missed flights and chaos methinks!

The pricing is up and the content is down.

I hadn't spotted the missing hotel nights, though I can't say I would miss the Emperador. Presumably they will want passengers to meet at the airport rather than bus them there from the hotel. A recipe for missed flights and chaos methinks!

The pricing is up and the content is down.

Our TA indicates the meeting place for transfers to the airport is the Emperador Hotel, and that we must purchase the transfers. No info on costs.

Excuse me for jumping in; sorry to hear you are having difficulities getting the booking you want. I would like to ask how you had access to 2014 schedules. I keep checking their web site and do not see 2014. Hope everything works out and thanks for any info you can give me.

I would like to ask how you had access to 2014 schedules. I keep checking their web site and do not see 2014.

It's actually the 2013/2014 season (from March 2013 to March 2014). For instance for Antarctica:

http://www.hurtigruten.com/voyages/antarctica/#voyages-2013

Everything is in this brochure :

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/40a26b66

There is no 2014 schedule available after March 2014 (not before next spring, I think).

Excuse me for jumping in; sorry to hear you are having difficulities getting the booking you want. I would like to ask how you had access to 2014 schedules. I keep checking their web site and do not see 2014.

I'm not surprised that you can't find the 2014 schedules. Hurtigruten's site is pretty poor with information such as that you're looking for hidden away in quiet backwaters, pages that are often unavailable and links that don't work.

It's a half-hearted attempt at a website. Have a look for the Antarctic 'In the Realms of the Great Explorers' trips and try to find details of the itinerary for last sailing of the season. You can't. You have to reverse the itinerary for the first trip. Not too difficult, but it leaves the door open for errors and is something Hurtigruten should provide.

• 1 month later...

HI,

I'll not hear criticism of the website. I used to check it regularly before our trip last year, and one day they announced 25% discounts for some cruises, including the one we wanted (February from Ushuaia to BA).

I phoned up to book, after taking a screen dump of the relevant page, and the agent said that cruise wasn't included in the sale. But I have seen it, says I!

It was a mistake, says the agent. Too bad, says me ! You advertised it, I want to buy it.

It's gone now anyway, says Mr Hurti Gruten. The websites been updated. Oh dear, lucky I kept a screenshot of it, then....

So, it pays to check the site often and take copies of what you are buying.

I've only just found this newish Hurti forum, but I recognised it from the title of one of the posts about "The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing!". Much as I loved our trip and the guiding, that was my experience, too. The crew denied all knowledge of prior arrangements made with the booking side of their company. But maybe they have learned lessons...

happy sailing.

Archived