First time to Jamaica

sapphiregem

My kids and I will be on our first cruise and our first visit to Falmouth...They will be 12 and 10 (girl/boy) and I am trying to decide what to do in Jamaica...

Friends have all told me various different places but they all went with friends or as couples, not with kids and I am not sure what this age could and should do...

Cayman and Cozumel we will get some beach time in so its not like i am stuck on something I NEED to do...just want to give them a good experience of the island.

Any and all tips, recommendations, avoidances appreciated.

My kids and I will be on our first cruise and our first visit to Falmouth...They will be 12 and 10 (girl/boy) and I am trying to decide what to do in Jamaica...

Friends have all told me various different places but they all went with friends or as couples, not with kids and I am not sure what this age could and should do...

Cayman and Cozumel we will get some beach time in so its not like i am stuck on something I NEED to do...just want to give them a good experience of the island.

Any and all tips, recommendations, avoidances appreciated.

My opinion is to contact Courtney Taylor tours and set something up with him. You can google his name and find his website. He runs amazing tours and will have lots of perfect ideas for you and your family. He knows the best way to get in and out of all attractions and can customize it just for you. His tours typically are cheaper than those of the ships excursions and with 4 people, your family may be the only ones on the tour that day.

Took my 9 and 11 year olds on a tubing/Dunns River Falls excursion and it was their favorite excursion of the whole trip. We had an hour drive to the river for tubing. Our guides went with us and the water was lovely with only the smallest rapids. Then we arrived at a beach resort for a buffet lunch. The resort (sorry, don't know the name) actually had the best beach I've ever seen. We had very little time to swim however because we next got on a boat for a 45 minute ride to the falls. My kids had no problem hiking up the falls and were pleased with themselves when they got to the top. There were a ton of people at the falls but it was still fun.

We were on Royal Caribbean and we booked the excursion through them.

We've done tours a couple times with Marva Shaw and her son Javia. I love that they will pretty much do whatever WE want to do and they do it for a reasonable price. If you're interested, go to knowjamaica dot com ... We're doing tours with them again next October and can't wait. I will tell you to make sure you take a tour. Do NOT go strolling around on your own.