Tortola and Samana excursions

Ms.Martini

My husband and I are trying to decide between Island Secrets or Sea and See for Tortola excursions. Does anyone have feedback on these two?

Also, on Samana we were thinking of the Sea Lion Encounter. Is there a lot of walking and are there chairs to rent on the beach or a place to sit near the beach since my husband is having hip problems and cannot do much walking.

My husband and I are trying to decide between Island Secrets or Sea and See for Tortola excursions. Does anyone have feedback on these two?

Also, on Samana we were thinking of the Sea Lion Encounter. Is there a lot of walking and are there chairs to rent on the beach or a place to sit near the beach since my husband is having hip problems and cannot do much walking.

I am not specifically answering your question so maybe I should keep my mouth shut.. or fingers still, as it were... but at Samana we did the Cayo Laventito (sp) beach deal and LOVED it.. Beautiful beach. At Tortola we did a tour of the Baths. OMG an AMAZINGLY beautiful beach. IF your tours that you are looking at fall through, check these two out. If you choose to do the Baths, be sure you sign up for the one that has a boat take you there and bring you back. Otherwise it is about a 300 yard hike down a steep cliff inbetween huge boulders, etc. The beach at the Baths is AMAZING though.

I would do a VERY THOROUGH checking of any tour I was planning to take of the Baths. I broke my leg in 2005 and still had trouble on our cruise with the steps leading to the Baths. Also, a lot of boats drop you offshore and you are expected to swim ashore. All in all, I wouldn't recommend it for someone with a hip problem.

When we were in Tortola we got off the ship and took a sort of bus ride(it is a pick up truck with seats set up in the bed) for about $6- $10 per person. Sorry I can't remember the prices. But he took us on a small tour up the mountain and down. We ended up at a nice beach where we rented lounge chairs and my family rented snorkel equipment. While we were sitting on the beach relaxing a man came by with a wheel barrel of fresh coconuts. He would cut the top off the coconut add rum if you liked it and gave you a straw. Nothing like sitting on the lounge chair, watching beautiful warm blue water drinking fresh coconut juice. He actually waited for everyone to bring them back to the ship. We were ready before the rest of the people that came out with us and he had no problem bringing our small group back.

I would go back to Tortola in a second.

We did the same thing in Tortola, rode a bus to a beautiful beach. We only had 3 hours that day, but we could have stayed forever. I know this does not answer your question, but the beaches in Tortola truly are the greatest. They make for a great day. Have a nice time. Janice

Archived