Ziplining - in St. Lucia or Antigua???

cruzbound

We will be cruising in March 2011 and I was wondering which island would be best for ziplining - St. Lucia or Antigua. We are snorkeling in Barbados and thinking about doing Bernards Tour in St. Maarteen (unless St. Maarteen is good for ziplining). We do not have any plans for St. Croix yet - so, please tell me the best island to zipline at?

Thanks!

cruzbound

I would like to know this as well. I am conflicted between ziplining on St. Kitts (4 lines) or St. Lucia (11 lines). Are the 4 lines long enough to justify the cost? Are St. Lucia's 11 lines short and I'll be embarking and disembarking more than ziplining? I am thinking seeing Soufriere and the Pitons is more important than ziplining in St. Lucia.

So, I'd like some guidance and suggestions, too.

Thanks,

Debbie

I definitely think you need to see the Pitons. We have been on 2 previos cruises to St. Lucia and both times did a tour that included the Pitons just because they are so beautiful to see. Do the zip lines elsewhere if you have never seen the Pitons. We are going back Aug. 29 on Victory and are still debating about whether to see them again or go zip lining here since we have seen them twice. I promise you won't be disappointed. However, do you have any info on zip lining other than through Carnival? Thanks

I have some info.

Palm Services Tree Top Adventures offers ziplining, but if I use them, I have to book through Celebrity. Celebrity only offers an "Adrena-Line" zipling; I do not think that is the 11-line one.

If we zipline in St. Lucia, I will go with Shore Trips - $85/pp, and they pick you up at the pier. They do go to the 11-line zipline. That one requires a longer drive (maybe an hour?).

Thanks for the info. about the Pitons; that is useful.

Debbie

We just came back and did the zipline in St Lucia. Well worth the money. We did the snorkeling/beach trip with Thenford Grey in St Kitts. Excellent time for all (we had 14 people).

pgheng,

Who did you use for the ziplining in St. Lucia? We have seen the Pitons two time already but my SIL and boyfriend have not - hmmm, maybe we should find ziplining in Antigua or St. Criox. Anyone know about ziplining in those two places at all?

Thanks!

My HB and I just cruised this past January on Serenade of the Seas. We did the zip-line in St. Lucia and LOVED it!!! We just booked another cruise for 2012 and the first excursion we want to book is the zip-line. It was Tree Top Adventures I believe and what a blast! WELL WORTH THE PRICE. It was a bit of a drive to get there, but beautiful views and really nice people made the drive tolerable. I saw a special on TV (I think it was Travel Channel, Samantha Brown) and they went on the zip-line in Antigua. WOW it looked really unstable compared what we experienced in St. Lucia. I would avoid the zip-line in Antigua!! Hit one of the 365 beaches there instead.

My HB and I just cruised this past January on Serenade of the Seas. We did the zip-line in St. Lucia and LOVED it!!! We just booked another cruise for 2012 and the first excursion we want to book is the zip-line. It was Tree Top Adventures I believe and what a blast! WELL WORTH THE PRICE. It was a bit of a drive to get there, but beautiful views and really nice people made the drive tolerable. I saw a special on TV (I think it was Travel Channel, Samantha Brown) and they went on the zip-line in Antigua. WOW it looked really unstable compared what we experienced in St. Lucia. I would avoid the zip-line in Antigua!! Hit one of the 365 beaches there instead.

Hi CruzSuz,

Thanks for the info on Antigua ziplining - definitely will forego it there. In regards to when you went ziplining in St. Lucia, how long was it? I am wondering if we could do ziplining and somehow see the Pitons (since my SIL has never seen them before). Did you book the ziplining excursion through the cruise ship or on your own? How did you contact them (if you booked your own)?

Thanks for all the help!

We did the Rain Forest Sky Rides & Zip Line Combo (Serenity-tour) a couple of weeks ago,we had a family reunion 20 of us ages 65-8,no problems at all. We all loved it, with private tours you'll be the first there so no waiting. If your cruise goes to St.Marrtan check out http://www.randomwind.com sailboat, it was the best time we had on any of our days.

I asked Shore Trips if I booked the zip line with them if I would have time to get to Soufriere and to see the Pitons in the afternoon. She said it would not be possible...not comfortably anyway and still make the ship. Perhaps, though, your ship will stay in port longer.

We are in St. Lucia from 8 am to 5 pm so I would tend to guess that won't be enough time to do both. Anyone - please confirm my assumption is correct?

So opinions for the first-time cruisers with us - should they see the Pitons or zipline? We will also be in Antigua, St. Croix and St. Maarten. Already have an excursion booked for Barbados. Should we zipline in one of the other stops?

Thanks for all the help.

My friends and I booked our Island tour and Ziplining excursion in St Lucia with Frank. There were 8 of us total, but only 4 of us did the ziplining. Frank picked us up at the pier at 8:45 and drove us to Tree Top Adventure. We were the first people to arrive before 10am and were back in the van and on our way to tour the island by 11:15.

Frank is happy to customize a tour for you and your group. We decided on visitng the Volcano, Waterfall, had lunch (included), stopped at a beach (can't remember the name) for a short time, and were dropped off at the pier before 3:30. Cold drinks and alcoholic beverages were also included.

We paid less than $60 per person (including tip) for Frank's tour and another $85 to zipline.

Karen

I also went zip-lining with Frank Tours. It was the best because our group of 12 was picked up promptly at 8 a.m. and we got to Tree Top Adventure early-the first group. The ride was truly an adventure. Afterwards we went snockelling at Ti Kaye and was back in time. Our tour guide Frank was humorous, informative and accommodating. He tailors your tour to suit your desires. He supplied refreshments all day- can't forget his very potent rumpunch. He comes highly recommended. call him at 719-3091 or email franktax@hotmail.email]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

On the ziplining, was it in the rain forest and was it high off the ground? We did zip lining in PV, Mexico and it was a couple of hundred feet off the ground on some of the lines and it was a blast. The zip lining in St. Maarteen was not very far off the ground but was fun. It was more of a rush to be really high.

Thanks, cruzbound

I would also like to know anout St. Lucia and Antigua Zip-lining. How far off the ground because I also Zip-lined in St Martin(no helmets) and not far from the ground. Costa Rica was amazing and I was hoping for a similar Zip line to take my family on..

Hi all,

On the ziplining, was it in the rain forest and was it high off the ground? We did zip lining in PV, Mexico and it was a couple of hundred feet off the ground on some of the lines and it was a blast. The zip lining in St. Maarteen was not very far off the ground but was fun. It was more of a rush to be really high.

Thanks, cruzbound

Im interested in this also...I did this in PV as well and it rocked. Recently trieded again in Cozumel and it sucked as it was the towers just in some open area that we went from. PV is amazing as you are out in the woodes and you propel over huge canyons.

I am booked on the St. Lucia "Aderenline" zip line excursion wit Celebrity. does anyone know how many zips there are? Is this the 11 zip tour? Is it the same as the others above mentioned? Is there more than on Zip line in St. Lucia. Has anyone done this tour?

Hi all,

Thanks, cruzbound

I've ziplined twice in St Lucia at Tree Top Adventures. Here's some info that may be of help:

Lines:

Number of lines*: 11

Total length: 5100 ft.

Highest elevation: 150 ft.

Longest cable: 800 ft.

Shortest cable: 83 ft.

Be sure to bring a baseball cap to wear under the helmet. Otherwise, you have to wear one of their hair nets!

Karen

My husband and I (ages 50/51) and 2 sons (24/21) went last Thanksgiving and chose to zipline and tour St Lucia through Serenity Travel (John gave us a private tour). It was expensive but is still in my top 2 adventures. That zipline was great; we were there first thing in am, no line; went to see volcanoes, ate lunch overlooking Pitons, drove through fishing villages and had beer in the cooler in our van....so happy! I think it was the Rocket Island Adventure and we were gone the entire day and got back to the ship in plenty of time! The zipline is awesome - I want to go back!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived