Spencer Ambrose

dem1958

We want to take a tour with Spencer, but it would be cutting it real close because we leave port at 3:00 so we need to be back on board by 2:30.

He said that we could take the water taxi back. Has anyone done that before?

I see that nobody has answered yet. There have been many folks take the water taxi back. If Spencer says he can arrange for you to get back to your ship in time, then I would trust him. He is very proud of his perfect record of getting his customers back in time!

We toured with Spencer in March and some people did choose to take a water taxi back from Jalousie.-so it is doable. Spencer is very knowledgable about getting around in St. Lucia and if he says that he can get an early water taxi back, I don't think there will be any problems

dem1958 ,

We toured with Spencer with 10 of us . We all took the water taxi back and

it was like a second tour . I think I put in $80 US for 6 of us or something like that . The scenery up the coast was breath taking and the boat Spencer had come get us circled all the way around the Pitons for photo ops before leaving the area . Spencer has never missed a departure ,a fact he is very proud of, so if he says he'll get you there he will . You could not be in better hands ! We even shopped a while upon returning to port . Take care ! Ted

Second that Peter Pan It's a long ride back by land or a second scenic adventure by water . I chose water and would again , great fun going back by boat !

Juli , Spencer told me I wasn't gonna miss anything and was happy cause he lives on the Atlantic coast by the airport so his ride was also cut in half . I think that's why he may have worked so hard to get us a price everyone in our group could live with . He also said that he has a long term plan of getting his own boat someday to include the boat ride as a constant option but he just can't afford to do so right now . Hope this helps ! Ted

Thanks for the replies. If we can get a better deal than $30 per person back we will probably take the water taxi too. Although that homemade bread does sound good!!!! Did you stay at the beach longer since you took the water taxi back? I am really looking forward to this tour! Thanks, Juli

Thanks for everyones help. Spencer said that the water taxi would be $15.00 extra but we would need at least 8 people to make it worth their while so I am hoping that there are more people that want to take it back. I also am not looking forward to a long bus ride back. Anyone else going on Dec 17th?

Thanks for the replies. If we can get a better deal than $30 per person back we will probably take the water taxi too. Although that homemade bread does sound good!!!! Did you stay at the beach longer since you took the water taxi back? I am really looking forward to this tour! Thanks, Juli

I have to admit that the warm bread was extra good, but I think if I had a choice the second time around, I might take the water taxi back. The tour was great- but it is a lot of driving on windy curvy roads. The traffic was bad coming back into port, so we didn't get any time to shop when we got back.

I think you'll enjoy the trip either way.

Thanks for everyones help. Spencer said that the water taxi would be $15.00 extra but we would need at least 8 people to make it worth their while so I am hoping that there are more people that want to take it back. I also am not looking forward to a long bus ride back. Anyone else going on Dec 17th?

$15 pp. would be very reasonable but the E-mail I received from Spencer said $30 pp. We are doing so many excursions on our Victory cruise that I don't know that I want to spend $60 for the 2 of us to go back in the water taxi. Is the van ride back really horrible? Maybe we will have more people want to take the water taxi back so it will lower the price. We will be there on October 7, 2010. Juli

$15 pp. would be very reasonable but the E-mail I received from Spencer said $30 pp. We are doing so many excursions on our Victory cruise that I don't know that I want to spend $60 for the 2 of us to go back in the water taxi. Is the van ride back really horrible? Maybe we will have more people want to take the water taxi back so it will lower the price. We will be there on October 7, 2010. Juli

The van ride back is fine-but you are seeing a repeat of some of the scenery you see on the way out since you are returning. It is a long day of touring, but definitely worthwhile. If you have your heart set on extra beach time or time to shop in port though, it might be worthwhile to take the water taxi.

We've booked him too, for our 11/27 sailing. I'm impressed by the things I've read here and on Trip Advisor, and I like that he's an ex-cop...he and my husband can talk shop! ;)

I contacted him through e-mail and heard back from him almost immediately. Excellent customer service!

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone that has done Spencer Ambrose -

We booked him for Nov. 7th, we're doing the water taxi return. I just read something that said he doesn't break out the rum punch until on the return - has anyone else had that experience? I was hoping to enjoy a drink at the beach, we'll be there for a few hours - and we'll be coming back in a bumpy boat, not really when I want to enjoy a leisurely drink!

Archived