Mahogany Beach Excursion through Carnival

purplekisses

Carnival has this listed on their site for the beach. It's $40 for 2 people.

Relax on the Beach

• You and a guest can enjoy your day at Mahogany Beach with this 3-in-1 package.
  • Take unlimited rides on the Magical Flying Beach Chair which provides roundtrip transfer between the Mahogany Bay Cruise Center and Mahogany Beach.
  • Once at the beach, you can enjoy your own shady spot with a Clam Shell that covers up to two lounge chairs.
  • This package also includes the use of two beach floats for you to relax while in the water.

Note: Package accommodates 2 guests. Meaning one ticket buys entrance for two.

Has anyone done this?

There are 3 of us me, hubby and 12 year old son. I was thinking to book one for all of us and just purchase the extra chair ride. Hubby doesn't do the water to son and I would use floats and just share the chairs.

Doyou think this would be a problem?

All you're paying for here is the $8pp for the flying chair and the beach clam shell and the float rentals. You can walk from the ship to the beach in 5-10 minutes. Plenty of loungers available or you can rent your own clam shell or float. But there are restaurants and bars and dining areas with covering, tables and seats so you can get ot of the sun if you want to and waiters will serve anyone in a lounger. Really nothing special here.

Really nothing special here.

Couldn't agree more, it's nice and close to the ship but the shops are way over priced and the beach is full of sand fleas...there were lots of people complaining of this...book an excursion or take a tour of the island. ;)

Couldn't agree more, it's nice and close to the ship but the shops are way over priced and the beach is full of sand fleas...there were lots of people complaining of this...book an excursion or take a tour of the island. ;)

FLIES...Sand FLIES...NoSeeums...Gnats...not fleas/no dogs allowed...they love the the shade. They don't bite everyone (mainly just people who smell like all the perfume counters in a department store rolled into one odor:rolleyes:). A wipe or spray of bug replellant before hand or after being in the water and presto..problem solved.

Thanks. With this being our last port and being there from 8amto 3pm we were just looking for a beach day. I looked at going to Tabyana, but at $36 per person Mohogany beach sounded like a better deal. I can only drag my hubby to so many places before he protests, and with 4 port days in a row, I do believe by the time we hit Roatan he will be protesting. My son as long as he has some water to swim in he's a trooper.

Thanks. With this being our last port and being there from 8amto 3pm we were just looking for a beach day. I looked at going to Tabyana, but at $36 per person Mohogany beach sounded like a better deal. I can only drag my hubby to so many places before he protests, and with 4 port days in a row, I do believe by the time we hit Roatan he will be protesting. My son as long as he has some water to swim in he's a trooper.

I fully understand. At MBCC, just get off the ship, head up the pathway and hang right go past Sr Frogs and walk over to the beach. Easy enough. Save the $$ for drinks and food. Or even comeback to the ship to eat and hang out on deck with no one around.

I would suggest you just grab a cab and go to West Bay Beach. It will cost at lot less money then doing the package tours and the cabs are safe. You don't need to go specifically to Tabayana beach as it is West Bay Beach. Many of the resort will charge you $5 for a lounge chair. Your child will love it there and the reef is very close to the beach and the snorkeling is great.

• 2 weeks later...
I would suggest you just grab a cab and go to West Bay Beach. It will cost at lot less money then doing the package tours and the cabs are safe. You don't need to go specifically to Tabayana beach as it is West Bay Beach. Many of the resort will charge you $5 for a lounge chair. Your child will love it there and the reef is very close to the beach and the snorkeling is great.

How much should you expect to pay for the taxi?

Archived